The Cambridge Partnership
Chemistry QTS with PGCE (Schools Direct Salaried)
School Direct Training Programme (Salaried)
The School Direct Training Programme (Salaried) is a new and innovative school based teacher-training route for high quality graduates with a minimum of three years career experience. To be eligible for a government supported salary graduates must have achieved at least a 2:1 degree.
Those wishing to train to teach Chemistry are be able to access a training salary of £19000.
Trainees work alongside outstanding practitioners and must be employed by the school supporting them. There is an expectation that trainees, should they meet the required standards, will be offered their first full time teaching post in one of The Cambridge Partnership consortium schools
The course is an intensive programme of initial teacher education which aims to develop trainees' competence and confidence in the teaching of their chosen subject(s) and in the general professional role of the teacher.
The intention is to provide trainees with a set of insights, perspectives and information upon which they can build as their career develops and to present a stimulating, challenging and enjoyable course.
Throughout the year there is a focus upon subject knowledge and the context of education. The trainees maintain an extensive professional portfolio showing achievement in relation to the Teachers' Standards for QTS.
On this course trainees will develop the following:
- a broad range of practical teaching skills
- appropriate personal qualities and professional attitudes
- an informed understanding of curriculum and teaching methodology
- the capacity to reflect critically on professional practice
- a cogent personal philosophy of education
- Degree, Maths English and Science GCSE grade C or higher
- Must have three years’ post degree work experience and be a career changer.
- Must have successfully completed the skills tests before starting the course
- Degree 2.1 or above