Norfolk Teacher Training Centre
Physics PGCE with QTS
Secondary teacher programme
The Norfolk Teacher Training Centre programme is based on 37 week academic year and all trainee teachers will receive:
- 128 days in the classroom gaining experience through our Training in School Curricular Programme. This will involve subject knowledge, lesson observation, team teaching, solo-teaching and learning support across at least two key stages. Experience will be divided between at least 2 academies within the group based upon academic subject.
- Professional Development Programme with 64 days of off-the-job training experiences. This will be a mixture of professional development training sessions, conferences and opportunities to engage with junior schools and our partner 6th form providers.
- Opportunities to experience both Primary teaching and post-16 learning environments, through partner schools and colleges.
To successfully complete the course, you will be required to:
- keep a Professional Practice Portfolio providing evidence of personal progress whilst in school. The Portfolio should also contain reflection on academic issues and reading of relevant published educational research;
- participate fully in the life of your placement school, keeping a record of your progressive teaching experiences and evidence through a reflective journal;
- demonstrate that you have met the Teachers’ Standards;
- as part of the Professional Development Programme, you will also complete three written assignments connecting your school based experience within the context of pedagogical research.
- NTTC help arrange school placements for trainees, in close consultation with the trainee.
Fees and finance
The tuition fee for the Norfolk Teacher Training Centre course for 2016-17, one year full-time and leading to Qualified Teacher Status, is £9,000.
This course is eligible for finance under the Student Loans Scheme.
In addition, bursaries may be available for trainee teachers in certain priority subjects. Please contact us for more information.
Financial support is not available to trainees to cover the costs of travelling to and from their placement school/s.
Why Choose NTTC
Norfolk Teacher Training Centre (NTTC) provides a dynamic option for School Direct teacher training.
Training with NTTC will give you Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) as part of the School Direct programme which sees the majority of trainee teachers’ time spent gaining hands-on experience in a broad range of schools and colleges throughout the county.
NTTC also offers the Assessment Only route to achieving QTS for experienced teachers. Thanks to our extensive links with leading head teachers and respected trainers, NTTC also provides a high quality CPD programme which is open to all schools and teachers.
Based at St Andrews House in the heart of Norwich, NTTC is part of City College Norwich and Transforming Education in Norfolk (the TEN Group). Applications are being invited now for graduates interested in training with us from September 2016.
Norfolk Teacher Training Centre is committed to excellence in hands-on teacher training, benefitting from the expertise across phases and specialisms of TEN Group’s institutions – currently four Academies, a University Technical College and a further and higher education college – and other leading schools in the county including Norwich School, Norwich High School and Wymondham College.