REQ ID: 107521
JOB TITLE: AAD XIL Automation Development Engineer
WELCOME TO JAGUAR LAND ROVER
This role is based within the Electrical Engineering department, Assisted & Automated Driving Verification & Validation (V&V) Group, X-in-the-Loop (XIL) Development Team. The team is responsible with the design, delivery and maintenance of various XIL Test Environments with different levels of complexity, from one ECU in the loop, to 30 ECUs in the loop, using either signal based testing or scenario-based testing.
In this role you will be delivering state-of-the-art real time XIL automation solutions, to support the testing of all agreed AAD features on XIL environment in an automated manner across the different platform within the group, present and future, whilst adhering to the latest industry standards for test and simulation e.g., ASAM OpenX, ISO26262. The role is to deliver an end-to-end automation framework and CI/CD pipelines for all software applications developed.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Collect requirements, design, implement and deliver complex automation solutions for the XIL testing and simulation tools used within the group
- Work closely with the XIL architect to implement the XIL Test Automation strategy
- Work closely with the Test Platform team, to ensure all proposed solutions are scalable and in line with the wider business guidelines for automation.
- Provide 2nd & 3rd level of support for XIL test environment automation issues raised by a Test Automation engineer
- Interface with XIL Suppliers to ensure all delivered XIL Solutions are in line with the best practices and standards within the industry
- Share all the updates and improvements of the test environment with all AAD V&V chapter members (XIL Execution, System Test and System Coordinator, Test Environment and Vehicle Execution)
- Provide technical leadership to other engineers within the group
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strong technical expertise in Python
- Good understanding of the AAD operational design domain
- Strong background in delivering scenarios using dSPACE Model Desk, Nvidia Drive Sim and IPG CarMaker.
- Proven experience in delivering software applications to generate scenarios via dSPACE Model Desk APIs and/or IPG CarMaker APIs.
- Strong background in developing test automation solution based on the keyword-based testing approach.
- Experience with Linux
- Strong root analysis skills.
It will be considered as a bonus if you have:
- Understanding of AAD features
- Understanding of ASAM OpenX, ISO26262 standards
- Experience with HIL automation
- Experience with Django
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, SVN and Gitlab
- Educated to Degree level in a Systems, Computer, Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic or related field
SO WHY US?
- Join us for the next level of your career and help developing solutions that shape the future of cars
- Be part of an international, inclusive and open-minded team where you have actual influence on the processes
- See the product you’re working on come to life from testing all the way to production
- Work flexibly with high percentage of home office or from our award-winning office
- We honor your work with a competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Benefit from our health and life insurance and cafeteria package
- Embrace our culture through various company programs such as charity events or our regular board game club