REQ ID: 112383
JOB TITLE: Analytics & Digital Analyst
POSTING END DATE: 28/02/2023
Jaguar Land Rover is harnessing technology to make driving smarter, safer and cleaner. You can help create a world in which responsible, sustainable vehicles revolutionise the driving experience for generations. Our vision is to leverage the incredible potential of technology to build vehicles that not only offer a premium, all-encompassing digital experience, but that also make our customers lives better.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Jaguar Land Rover are reimagining the future of modern luxury, delivering modern all-electric luxury brands backed by a sustainable supply chain. To do this, we are aiming to become a truly data-led company – and embedded digital skills are a critical enabler for JLRs ambitious Reimagine strategy.
The newly forming Supply Chain Analytics & Digital Team is responsible for providing actionable analytics and diagnostics to the Supply Chain Planning team, in the context of the wider Industrial Operations Function. The new team will work hand in hand with the Business Process & Capability team to deliver best-in-class process improvements backed with data-driven diagnostics, and to architect digital products as part of a coherent solution within the wider supply chain digital ecosystem. Together, the Supply Chain digital function will transform JLR supply chain from within, supporting our colleagues and allowing them to make better, faster and more robust decisions based on our data. The end goal is to build a world class supply chain (Gartner maturity level 5) by the end of 2024.
In this delivery role, you’ll be part of a flexible team who are not afraid to tackle a thorny technical problem or highly complex data sets. You will assist in the design and delivery of transformational Digital products that sit within the wider Supply Chain process. You will be assisting in designing and building the analytical kernel, data models, structures and pipelines, testing frameworks, and data visualisations, and working with our partners within the business to embed the tools to drive real impact.
Data and digital is a fast-changing discipline and we are passionate about growth, so you will have opportunity to stay current with technology and to advance your domain knowledge in the complex and fascinating field of Supply Chain.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- “What?” - Supporting the supply chain operations and project managers with co-creation of digital solutions to address challenges along the end-to-end supply chain. Discovering and recommending opportunities through your participation in day-to-day supply chain operations.
- “So What?” – Translating the requirements into a tangible, robust and well-documented product with a smooth UI/UX experience backed by re-usable data structures, flows and engineering components. The business can then use these products to improve decision making and drive action; supporting evaluation of the benefit this unlocks.
- “Now What?” – Identifying, analysing and interpreting trends in complex data sets, using statistics to deliver robust and accurate results in the face of variable data quality. Communicating conclusions to the business, advising on how to use these products to best utilise their capability, and ensuring their long term adoption.
- Act as the development lead for large or complex projects to ensure accuracy and robustness of analytics products
- Line management and mentoring of more junior direct reports to develop them and help them balance studies with delivery commitments
- Continuous development of technical standards and skills to keep us best in class
- Work with the business process & capability team and data office to ensure data quality, integrity and governance
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
You are highly data curious – when faced with a data set you can’t wait to unlock its secrets! You have a strong technical background, with a specialty either in data analytics or data engineering.
You may see yourself as an analytics specialist, considering yourself comfortable with statistics and a true data storyteller, able to draw hidden insights from large data sets and then cutting through the noise to present a clear and bold recommendation that inspires people to act, whatever their level of data literacy. Not content with merely visualising a data set, you’re passionate about leading the user on a carefully curated journey through the data insights, hiding the complexity of the data behind a clean and simple user interface and a seamless user experience.
Otherwise, you may consider yourself a data engineer – passionate about building robust and well-thought-through data platforms. You know what it takes to build trust in shared code bases, creating re-usable components to enable your team to deliver with increasing reliability and speed and using the latest technology.
- Competent with SQL and experience of modern data-oriented architectures & databases
- One of
- A passion for data visualisation and experience with an associated tool (Tableau, Looker, Power BI etc.) possibly combined with UI/UX experience.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (GCP or AWS) and architecture principles, patterns and technologies & competent with the Python language
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- A curiosity for finding solutions to problems, by any means necessary
- An independent, enthusiastic and driven individual with a learning mindset
- A strong communicator and team player, able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style.
- Ability to work between technical and non-technical teams and like to see the “bigger picture”
- Knowledge of Apache Airflow & Cloud Composer
- An ability to turn data into a story and ensure stakeholders truly understand a project
- Experience working in an agile, scrum framework
- Experience of working within Supply Chain
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.