REQ ID: 114587
JOB TITLE: BIW Pilot Plant Maintenance Technician
POSTING END DATE: 13/06/2023
LOCATION: Castle Bromwich
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This role will work as part of the maintenance operations team at the BIW Pilot Plant, Birmingham to provide general maintenance support to maximise production efficiencies and maintain all associated plant equipment and be responsible for first line response to requests / issues with equipment / processes.
In this role, you’ll offer additional support for the maintenance of the site and buildings (including electrical and mechanical) will be required for the production equipment & the general site.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Ability to work on and test safely, different voltage systems including 24vdc, 110vac, 415vac.
- Understanding of relay logic control systems.
- Knowledge of BIW joining technologies including weld guns (ARO & PW), SPR guns (Henrob), Matuschek timers.
- Basic electrical installation skills, e.g., termination of industrial connectors, power sockets etc.
- Understanding and fault diagnosis of various motor types.
- Knowledge of various types of motor drives, AC, DC, Invertors.
- Understanding of encoders and positional systems.
- Knowledge of Touchscreen interface systems.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Word for use in analysis, documentation and reporting.
- Thorough knowledge of various fault-finding methodologies.
- Basic electronics knowledge, e.g., resistors, capacitors, diodes, transistors.
- Basic mechanical bench work skills.
- Understanding of robot design and operation.
- Ability to program robot positions and edit the robot program.
- Ability to read and cross reference within Eplan electrical drawings.
- Knowledge and awareness of safety circuits and safety PLC's.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of field devices such as limit switches, pressure switches, solenoid valves and gate interlocks.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Previous experience in a similar role in maintenance operations in Manufacturing
- Technical (mechanical and electrical) automotive engineering skills gained in Manufacturing.
- Have an indentured or advanced modern apprenticeship or a minimum Level 3 national recognised qualification in a STEM subject (Science, Technical, Engineering & Mathematics) relevant for the role.
- Experience of Environmental controls and practices
- Training & experience in electrical systems, both productions related and facilities
- Knowledge of health and safety processes
- Microsoft package elements Power Point & Excel
- Knowledge of Quality Operating Systems procedures & deliverables
- Demonstrable experience in the application of a logical approach to Problem Solving
- Understanding and Application of Lean Tools and Techniques
- An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable
- A person with a positive, can-do attitude.
- A good team player who is able to work to predefined procedures
- An individual with the ability to prioritise their work load
- An individual with the ability to make timely decisions in line with agreed procedures and escalate as appropriate
- An individual with a customer focused approach
- A flexible approach to working periods
- Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family and membership of a competitive pension plan. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible. Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.