REQ ID: 105823
JOB TITLE: Business Intelligence Visualisation Specialist
POSTING END DATE: 31/03/2023
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are seeking an exceptional Business Intelligence visualisation specialist with experience of building and leading the business intelligence visualisation approach for our manufacturing digital products. The successful candidate will lead a team of developers and implement a consistent approach to world class visualisation for our end customers with interaction across the multiple digital touchpoints within the manufacturing systems ecosystem. The role will report to the manufacturing data and analytics Manager.
- Meet with customers to gather information about their requirements and liaise regularly with them as a Customer Champion within the team to ensure that digital products meet their requirements and core business objectives
- Set and ensure visualisation standards, guidelines and best practices are adhered to for digital products
- Translate concepts into wireframes and develop visualisation mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how solutions function and look like
- Take the concepts through to development utilising tools such as Tableau
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables) and user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Through an approach of continuous feedback identify and troubleshoot any visualisation problems to ensure users have the optimum experience in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and engagement with the digital products
- Keep up to date with dashboard trends, technological innovations and new tools
- Coach and mentor the team to ensure visualisation design practices are embedded in day to day thinking
- Undertake people management accountabilities for direct, e.g. undertake annual performance review, gathering insight from relevant project teams, coordinate performance improvement plan where appropriate, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Proven work experience in a business intelligence visualisation role or similar
- A knowledge and experience in the use of Business intelligence tools with the ability to coach & mentor and carry out development in the tools.
- Able to self-motivate and take full ownership of visualisation development and continuous feedback
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software for example Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Figma and Adobe XD
- Good time-management skills & excellent problem-solving skills
- An aptitude for using a logical, step-by-step approach to ensure designs are user friendly and simple for end users
- An open, flexible and adaptable mindset to cope with a rapidly changing set of tasks
- strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.