REQ ID: 118627
JOB TITLE: Buyer
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
Reporting to the Regional Purchasing Manager, within this role you will have responsibility for managing the external supply chain from Jaguar Land Rover suppliers within a given commodity.
You will be responsible for all post sourcing commercial contract and change management activities for your designated commodities and suppliers.
This role is also pivotal for interface with other key functions within Jaguar Land Rover; Acting within a core team of Production Purchasing, Product Engineering, Supplier Technical Assistance (STA), Material Planning and Logistics (MP&L), Cost Estimating and Manufacturing.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- New Product Launch: Responsibility for all post sourcing commercial contract and change management activities for given commodities and suppliers. Management of the commercial aspects of change, ensuring that we deliver on time against Quality and Cost targets.
- Supplier Performance Management: Ensuring supplier performance to meet JLR Quality, Cost, Delivery, Innovation and Sustainability (QCDIS) requirements.
- Cost Management: Ensuring effective cost management of your given commodities and suppliers, which will involve launching new products at their target cost as well as achieving year on year cost reduction on current spend to deliver against savings targets.
- Commercial Contract Management: Investigation and resolution of in-contract commercial issues such as liability claims, invoice issues, price discrepancies.
- Risk Management: Ensure continuity of supply to global production plants. Understand risk events within the supply chain, and support with escalated issues. Lead longer term risk mitigation projects to create continuous improvement.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Ideally experienced in Supply Chain/Category Management or Procurement for at least 1-2 years
- Fluent in English
- Good influencing and communication skills
- High level of drive within a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to work independently, results driven, demonstrating tenacity
- Strength with MS office software
- Experience in using ERP systems or SAP
- Automotive OEM experience is beneficial
SO WHY US?
- Join us for the next level of your career and help developing solutions that shape the future of cars
- Be part of an international, inclusive and open-minded team where you have actual influence on the processes
- See the product you’re working on come to life from testing all the way to production
- Work flexibly with high percentage of home office or from our award-winning office
- We honor your work with a competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Benefit from our health and life insurance and cafeteria package
- Embrace our culture through various company programs such as charity events or our regular board game club