REQ ID: 114922
JOB TITLE: Corporate Auditor
POSTING END DATE: 28/09/2023
Beyond Property, Purchasing, HR and IT, more than being part of our Finance or Marketing teams, beyond even Sales and Service, every role in every business area offers unique opportunities to make an impact on the future of mobility and the automotive industry.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Corporate Audit’s principal role is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of JLR operations and assist JLR in achieving its objectives. As Corporate Auditor, this gives you a great opportunity to work right across the business, building your knowledge and developing transferable skills that will help you progress in your career.
You will be working in an exciting, dynamic and innovative environment, where you can make a real contribution towards improving our business - how we attract and retain our customers, how we create and deliver our products and services, and how we plan, buy and make our products. Every day is different, and you will be constantly developing your skills and knowledge whilst interacting and building relationships with people at all levels and across all areas of the business.
A risk-based approach is adopted, performing a programme of audit reviews contained in the annual Audit Plan covering operational, commercial, compliance & financial controls. A key aim is to network & liaise with senior managers across the business ensuring the smooth transfer of knowledge & skills between Corporate Audit & the various functions. Auditors should ensure they are professional in their approach at all times, avoid any conflicts of interest & represent the department in the best possible manner.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
During all phases of the audit the Corporate Auditor should work on the basis of the agreed KPIs affecting JLRCA. Where there are any potential issues in meeting the KPIs, this should be flagged to both the Corporate Audit Manager, Corporate Audit Senior Manager & the Head of Corporate Audit.
The Corporate Auditor will also be responsible for:
- Providing continuous input into the JLR annual audit risk assessment
- Identification of costs saving opportunities, waste elimination & other value-added initiatives/efficiencies that impact key JLR Corporate Objectives
- On-going collation of key JLR business change impacting the development JLRCA Audit Planning process
- Engaging with Corporate Audit Senior Manager & the Head of Corporate Audit throughout the year to discuss audit related matters (eg through monthly team meetings)
- Participation in team meetings, audit updates & technical training courses relevant to the Corporate Audit Department
- Support & maintenance of the Corporate Audit Operating Systems - maintaining & improving Audit Quality & adherence to IIA Standards.
- Supporting 'projects' allocated during the year
Knowledge, Skills, And Experience
- Degree or equivalent plus a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Knowledge of best practice governance, risk management & compliance
- Be able to evaluate the operating effectiveness of business processes, identifying areas for improvement, & recommend solutions that support the JLR key objectives & that will improve operations
- Audit experience post qualification preferred
- Internal or External Audit experience preferred
- You will be expected to draw on your previous experience, with the potential of leading audits
- Understanding & experience of Data Analytics ideal
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.