REQ ID: 111707
JOB TITLE: Cyber Security SME - Risk and Governance
POSTING END DATE: 28/02/2023
Jaguar Land Rover is harnessing technology to make driving smarter, safer and cleaner. You can help create a world in which responsible, sustainable vehicles revolutionise the driving experience for generations. Our vision is to leverage the incredible potential of technology to build vehicles that not only offer a premium, all-encompassing digital experience, but that also make our customers lives better.
Chassis is responsible for the design, development and integration of all chassis functions from Programme Start to Job1 across all vehicle platforms. Chassis functions include all the functions related within the chassis domain of the vehicle: brakes, stability control, steering, suspension, longitudinal or lateral motion control, etc…
The Functional Safety & Cyber Security Team, within the Chassis Engineering department is responsible for analysing the risk associated with chassis systems technologies, deriving engineering mitigations and the sub-system, system & vehicle level testing thereof.
The vacancy offers the opportunity to work on, and contribute to the delivery of state-of-the-art automotive chassis engineering technologies such as brake-by-wire, steer-by-wire, active suspension systems and vehicle motion control to support Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Cyber Security Lead Engineer for Chassis Functions will be required to:
- Lead the Cyber Security activities for chassis features and technologies in accordance with the internal JLR lifecycle.
- Liaise with the Chassis team’s interfacing departments such as ADAS and powertrain to ensure a seamless embodiment of cyber security requirements.
- Engage with Subject Matter Experts, Lead Engineers and Technical Specialists to drive cultural change and cyber security awareness within the team in pursuit of technical excellence and efficient delivery.
- Liaise and build relationships with suppliers.
- Organise internal (JLR) and/or external (with suppliers) review meetings when needed.
- Support test engineers regarding Verification & Validation of cyber security requirements & goals
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Candidates should ideally be educated to Degree level in Computer Science, Software or Electrical/Electronic/Systems Engineering.
- Experience of applying a Cyber Security lifecycle within industry e.g Automotive, IT.
- Excellent team-working, organisation and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work to a high standard with minimum supervision.
- Flexible approach.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Chassis Systems
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical architecture and networks.
- Working experience of Systems Engineering.
- Experience in working to an AGILE methodology.
- An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning
- Resilient and enthusiastic who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
- A effective team player, actively develops and supports team members
- An individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.