REQ ID: 114940
JOB TITLE: DEC-Developer
WELCOME TO JAGUAR LAND ROVER
As the Digital Engineering Capability (DEC) team we are responsible for the selection, development and support of all Engineering tools (e.g. Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Engineering, Systems & Software Engineering, Product Lifecycle Management) that we use to develop and design our world class vehicles from concept to product delivery. We are currently embarked on a major toolset modernisation programme that is transforming the way in which we engineer our vehicles with a view to keep JLR at the leading edge of engineering tools. As we progress on this journey we are currently looking to expand our team with talented and motivated developers and engineers that will help us equip the business with the world class tools that they need to engineer our vehicles. You will be joining one of our agile scrum teams as a developer, working closely with your teammates and customers to deliver working capability at pace.
Our key characteristics and values are
- Transparency and openness
- Questioning Attitude
- Systems Thinking
- Continuous Improvement
- Automation of repetitive and menial tasks
WHAT TO EXPECT
We will provide an open environment to explore ideas and collaborate. A safe place to fail and find your edge to challenge the norm and lead the way for a better tomorrow for our people, the customer, and the business.
You would be accountable for:
- Participate in planning, definition and high-level design of the solution and exploration of possible alternatives
- Contribute to the delivery with your team members
- Collaborate with our tool vendor to enhance existing capabilities and/or develop new ones
- Configure tools and systems in a loosely coupled solution that is easy to maintain
- Engage in peer reviews
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Programming experience in Java, Python , C++ or C#, as well as general scripting knowledge (batch)
- A degree in Engineering or a Computer Science-based subject.
- You’ll have strong verbal and written communication skills.
It will be considered as a bonus if you have:
- Has Experience of using the Dassault 3D Experience Platform
- Configuration of 3D Experience platform (EKL, TCL, CAA & Business Logic)
- Experience of using network APIs (REST API, web sockets)
- Experience in test automation - frameworks (pytest, jUnit) and GUI testing approaches (OCR, Windows APIs)
- Understanding of the 3D Experience data model and configurable extensions
- Experience in developing Web Widgets (HTML5, CSS, JS-based frameworks)
- Experience with modelling in SysML for example in Catia Magic (NoMagic)
- Experience of working with frameworks such as UAF, Magic Grid, DoDAF or TOGAF.
- Has experience of Product Development delivering solutions as part of an Agile Scrum Team.
SO WHY US?
- Join us for the next level of your career and help developing solutions that shape the future of cars
- Be part of an international, inclusive, and open-minded team where you have actual influence on the processes
- See the product you are working on come to life from testing all the way to production
- Work flexibly with high percentage of home office or from our award-winning office
- We honour your work with a competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Benefit from our health and life insurance and cafeteria package
- Embrace our culture through various company programs such as charity events or our regular board game club