REQ ID: 102640
JOB TITLE: Supply Chain Analytics & Digital Manager
POSTING END DATE: 31/03/2023
Jaguar Land Rover are reimagining the future of modern luxury, delivering modern all-electric luxury brands backed by a sustainable supply chain. To do this, we are aiming to become a truly data-led company – and embedded digital skills are a critical enabler for Jaguar Land Rover's ambitious Reimagine strategy.
Within Jaguar Land Rover Supply Chain we are challenged to fundamentally transform the way we work to enable us to meet future sales volumes and customer delivery expectations in this unprecedented era of global supply chain disruption. We are compelled to streamline and digitise business processes and increase transparency and information-sharing across our end-to-end supply chain. This includes changes in the foundational system architecture that supports our processes, many of which are already underway.
The newly forming Supply Chain Analytics & Digital Team is responsible for providing actionable analytics and diagnostics to the Supply Chain Planning team, in the context of the wider Industrial Operations Function. The new team will work hand in hand with the Business Process & Capability team to deliver best-in-class process improvements backed with data-driven diagnostics, and to architect digital products as part of a coherent solution within the wider supply chain digital ecosystem. The team will also work with the Reporting & Insights Team to support them in the creation of reporting products that enable process performance control & measurement, backed by a shared data platform. Together, the Supply Chain digital function will transform Jaguar Land Rover supply chain from within, supporting our colleagues and allowing them to make better, faster and more robust decisions based on our data. The end goal is to build a world class supply chain (Gartner maturity level 5) by the end of 2024.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This role sits within the newly forming Supply Chain Analytics & Digital Team – an embedded cross-disciplinary group of highly technical data professionals who move fast using the latest technologies, sharing standards and best practices with our colleagues in the Jaguar Land Rover central digital team, using this relationship to support talent development across the enterprise as part of the wider digital community. In this management role, you’ll be responsible for setting the ethos of the team as a fun, inclusive, learning, flexible, value focussed unit backed by growing supply chain domain expertise and fearless in the face of a thorny technical problem or highly complex data sets. You’ll be ready to grow your own Supply Chain knowledge and support the team in getting to grips with the complex data and technology ecosystem surrounding this domain.
You will also take a technical leadership role in the design and blueprint of transformational Digital products that will be deployed by the team. Up front in the design phase you will be responsible for framing the problem within the context of the end-to-end supply chain process. You will then take a leading role in visioning and architecting the necessary components into a coherent solution. During product delivery cycles you will be involved with ensuring the team deliver components efficiently with agile methodology to facilitate maximum impact. You will be assessing the analytical kernel, defining the data models, structures and pipelines, testing frameworks, selecting appropriate technology to be used, and ensure compliance with data governance and security standards.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
In this role, you will need to be highly data curious – when faced with a data set you can’t wait to unlock its secrets! You have a strong technical background, with a specialty either in data analytics or data engineering. A successful candidate will see themselves as an analytics specialist, considering yourself comfortable with statistics and a true data storyteller, able to draw hidden insights from large data sets and then cutting through the noise to present a clear and bold recommendation that inspires people to act, whatever their level of data literacy. Not content with merely visualising a data set, you’re passionate about leading the user on a carefully curated journey through the data insights, hiding the complexity of the data behind a clean and simple user interface and a seamless user experience.
Otherwise, you may consider yourself a data engineer – passionate about building robust and well-thought-through data platforms and pipelines backed by solid testing. You know what it takes to build trust in shared code bases, creating re-usable components to enable your team to deliver with increasing reliability and speed and using the latest technology. As well as this, you have the ability to work between technical and non-technical teams and like to see the “bigger picture” – working across silos to ensure products and processes sit comfortably within the wider business context to achieve an outcome which makes you proud.
You are will need to be a self-sufficient, enthusiastic and driven individual with a learning mindset and the thought of building a new team inspires and excites you. You’re resilient and comfortable operating in a complex and changing environment and able to balance short and long term views to find a pragmatic way forward – a “let’s get it done” mentality. You’re also a strong communicator and team player, able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- “What?” - Supporting the supply chain operations and project managers with co-creation of digital solutions to address challenges along the end-to-end supply chain. Discovering and recommending opportunities through your participation in day-to-day supply chain operations.
- “So What?” – Translating the requirements into a tangible, robust and well-documented product with a smooth UI/UX experience backed by re-usable data structures, flows and engineering components. The business can then use these products to improve decision making and drive action; supporting evaluation of the benefit this unlocks.
- “Now What?” – Identifying, analysing and interpreting trends in complex data sets, using statistics to deliver robust and accurate results in the face of variable data quality. Communicating conclusions to the business, advising on how to use these products to best utilise their capability, and ensuring their long term adoption.
- Act as the development lead for large or complex projects to ensure accuracy and robustness of analytics products
- Line management, mentoring & development of more direct reports
- Continuous development of technical standards and skills to keep us best in class
- Work with the business process & capability team and data office to ensure data quality, integrity and governance
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience working within a data, software engineering or analytics role
- Competent with SQL and experience of modern data-oriented architectures & databases
- One of
- A passion for data visualisation and experience with an associated tool (Tableau, Looker, Power BI etc.) possibly combined with UI/UX experience.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (GCP or AWS) and architecture principles, patterns and technologies & competent with the Python language
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- A curiosity for finding solutions to problems, by any means necessary
- Knowledge of Apache Airflow & Cloud Composer
- An ability to turn data into a story and ensure stakeholders truly understand a project
- Experience working in an agile, scrum framework
- Experience of working within Supply Chain
- Previous line management experience
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan, private medical cover and performance related bonus scheme. As a manager, you’ll also be able to select one of our luxury premium vehicles to lease at a fraction of the cost. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.