REQ ID: 112234
JOB TITLE: EDU System Lead Engineer
POSTING END DATE: 31/03/23
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are searching for a Lead EDU Systems Engineer to be responsible for the definition, development and delivery of harmonised systems solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components, into Jaguar Land Rover vehicles for the next generation of in house manufactured Electric Drive Units.
The main purpose of this role is to work on the design, development and validation of the EDU system. The EDU systems lead will also have to lead the system integration of Electric Machine – Inverter – Gearbox and relevant Cooling systems.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• System Non-Functional Analysis - carry out a range of analyses and investigations of the customer requirements to define the expected system functionality and their performance targets.
• Evaluate multiple system design concepts and maintain integrity between the system and its components to arrive at a harmonised solution
• System Physical Architecture - Liaise with architecture teams to maintain alignment with the specified programmes, as well as electrical and physical vehicle architecture.
• System Design Specification – prepare system requirements specification and develop functional designs, demonstrating how the system satisfies the defined customer requirements
• System Integration – Define system logical and physical architecture, Interface Control Document and a system integration plan
• Verification and Validation - Design and develop system integration tests
• Lead cross-functional technical reviews on the systems
• Adhere to the defined systems engineering process
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Delivery of systems within the EDU department across the range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles
• Assist and contribute to the generation of targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
• Contribute to the delivery of the area onto all programmes, in line with the Systems Engineering discipline outlined by Product Creation Systems
• Provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components including issue resolution and objective data analysis
• Work with Technical Specialists and Advanced Engineering on Attribute and Function Forward Strategies, including new Function Definition and Failure Mode Avoidance
• Ownership, definition, maintenance, and prioritisation of the product backlog to meet business needs
• Working with the wider JLR business and customers to help define the product vision
• Facilitating agreements and trade-offs in the product backlog
• Oversee all development stages of the product
• Removing impediments to the successful delivery of the defined product backlog
• Be the primary liaison for the product to the wider business
• Evaluate and deploy strategies for the product to guide through the product lifecycle
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Experience in Agile (Scrum) and project delivery through development squads
• Good relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector
• Experience working in a product owner role alongside software and hardware development teams
• Relevant experience in system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
• Experience with working across large organisations and breaking down barriers to successful product delivery
• An adaptable and pragmatic approach and a curious mind, continually asking ‘why’
• Independent mindset with an appreciation of what ‘better’ looks likeable to suggest improvements to existing products, processes, ways of working, or even new products
• Working practices relating to CAE methods and processes
• Matlab, Simulink experience
• AMESi, GT understanding
• Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
• Model-based engineering (MBE)
• Experience in IBM Rational DOORS
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.