REQ ID: 104570
JOB TITLE: Electrical Engineer
POSTING END DATE: 01/12/2022
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This opportunity is to join our Special Vehicle Operations team, this team showcases the very best of Jaguar Land Rover with a range of exclusive SV-badged halo models, limited-run collectors’ editions and uniquely engineered projects. We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join the team and be involved in our projects from concept through to production.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Review and confirm compatibility of Electrical / Electronic component parts and sub-systems being introduced and modified for both new and current model year programmes from concept through to launch. ·
- Ownership and delivery of electrical BOM.
- To assist the Electrical team manager, and the Platform Leader with all aspects of programme activities from concept feasibility, system compatibility, bill of materials (BOM) verification, manufacturing compatibility. ·
- To liaise with electrical engineers in other JLR engineering teams to ensure robust engineering electrical solutions. ·
- Support pre feasibility work as required.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
As an Electrical Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover you should have demonstrable experience and understanding of quality and robustness techniques and standards such as FMEA, P-Diagram noise factor analysis and data analysis. You should be able to conduct component and system level investigations using appropriate problem solving and reporting tools. An understanding of the Systems engineering life cycle will be seen as beneficial for the role.
You should have good communication skills as you will be working with multi-disciplinary teams and also dealing with suppliers. You should be able to deal with stakeholders both internally and externally and be able to break down technical information in an easily digestible fashion.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Understanding of quality and robustness techniques and standards such as FMEA, P-Diagrams, noise factor analysis, and data analysis
- Experience of virtual test, component test and vehicle testing including proving ground environments
- Understanding of automotive networking, diagnostics and fault handling techniques, and related system development tools eg CANalyzer
- Supplier Management techniques and Program Management experience.
- Understanding of Automotive Standards for Electrical, EMC and the Environment
- Requirements definition and review and approval of Test Software
- Design and Commissioning of Test Equipment for Formal Design Validation
- Understanding/Experience of EDS
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.