REQ ID: 119287
JOB TITLE: STA Engineer
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
Join the team of Electrical Supplier Technical Assistance Engineers who work on both New Model and Current Car programmes with our internal and external stakeholders.
You will work closely with our Product Engineering and Procurement colleagues, as well as our supplier partners, to ensure that procured parts meet and exceed the standards we require for our premium vehicles.
In this role you will represent JLR in front of our suppliers and support our vision of “Driving Manufacturing Excellence into our Global Supply Chain”, by working in both internal and external locations to add value to how we source, design, develop, and manage the quality of parts and value streams, in order to meet the demands of our customers.
This role will interface with suppliers to ensure quality and delivery performance meet current and future business requirements. With a key focus on enhancing supplier capability through achieving continuous improvements in delivery, this role will involve engaging suppliers, diagnosing their systems issues and working to develop the action plans to help achieve best practice.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- The role involves Supplier Technical Assistance activities of New Model Programmes and Current Car Supplier Management (in the field of either wire harnesses, low and high voltage cables, fuse boxes or electronics manufacturing)
- Sourcing: Support sourcing activities through completion of supplier site diagnostics
- Ensure that we have clearly aligned standards with our suppliers
- Lead supplier performance throughout the PPAP process until PSW is delivered.
- Ensure so that our parts are delivered on time, to quality and volume targets, and consistently in line with our APQP / PPAP requirements
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Previous experience in a manufacturing, engineering or quality assurance role in the automotive industry, knowledge of IATF16949
- Experience in industrialization, parts quality, maturation, and approval activities, applying APQP / PPAP processes
- Previous experience and practical deployment of lean tools
- Change management and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills in English as well
- Flexibility for traveling
SO WHY US?
- Join us for the next level of your career and help developing solutions that shape the future of cars
- Be part of an international, inclusive and open-minded team where you have actual influence on the processes
- See the product you’re working on come to life from testing all the way to production
- Work flexibly with high percentage of home office or from our award-winning office
- We honor your work with a competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Benefit from our health and life insurance and cafeteria package
- Embrace our culture through various company programs such as charity events or our regular board game club
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.