REQ ID: 113423
JOB TITLE: eMachine Engineer
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
The eMachine Lead Engineer role is within the Electric Machine delivery team, as part of the overall Powertrain Electrified Engineering Group. Reporting to the Electric Machine Delivery
Manager, the Lead Engineer would be responsible for the delivery of electric machine component(s) to meet quality, cost, weight, timing and functional targets.
As eMachine Lead Engineer you will provide programme management leadership for the electric machine component(s) in order to ensure successful delivery of eMachine component from concept through to production. This will involve coordinating the design, development and testing activities.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Own the Design and Release of multiple eMachine components across various eMachine programmes.
- Ensure robust timing plans are in place that achieves Program milestones and targets (Quality, Cost, Functionality, Weight, and Timing).
- Develop a Product Design Specification and Statement of Requirements to support supplier sourcing and work with the matched pair through the component Global Sourcing Process
- Develop and release component updates to Engineering Specifications.
- Ensure DFMEA, Design Rules, Requirement Management and Design Verification (RMDV), Statement of Work process/documents are diligently and transparently implemented in the
- Lead issue resolution (AIMS/JIRA Obstacles/impediments) and Component Change Management (WERS), processes to ensure that all changes are implemented robustly and support
- Lead suppliers through design phase, procurement of prototypes, production tooling and ensure components perform to requirements.
- Ownership of Product Engineering eAPQP deliverable activities, status reporting and Smart sheet (Component Delivery Timing Plan) management.
- Take part in managing unit test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues.
What you’ll need
- Proven technical knowledge of eMachine component design or delivery.
- Knowledge of eMachine design, manufacturing processes and testing
- Knowledge of typical Electric Machine types and technologies used in traction applications (BEV and PHEV).
- Experience of complex mechanical packaging and structural solutions.
- Experience of typical manufacturing solutions such as extrusions, mouldings, pressings and implications of manufacturing process on mechanical design.
- Experience of defining and/or using appropriate analysis tools to optimise and verify mechanical and structural properties such that you can define the required analysis.
- Understanding of typical eMachine working principle, its components, characteristics, operating limits and operational losses.
- Experience of Engineering product delivery from concept through to production.
- Experience of delivering projects in an automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of the APQP process
- Proficient use of the AIMS issue resolution process
- Good working knowledge of Product Creation Delivery System (or similar process)
- Experience of developing technical requirements specifications and associated test plans.
- Proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and communicate at all levels.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.