REQ ID: 119852
JOB TITLE: eMachine System Engineer
SALARY: £37,200 - £49,200
POSTING END DATE: 31/12/2023
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The eMachine System is a key commodity within the in-house manufactured Electric Drive Unit, with demanding attribute Requirements across performance, efficiency, NVH, weight, manufacturability and cost.
The eMachine System Engineer role offers an opportunity to work on the harmonisation of these attributes that contribute to Best in Class EDUs across a range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities will include:
- Support the generation of eMachine performance and functional targets and validation methodologies that are driven by Failure Mode and Effects Analyses and Customer cascaded Requirements.
- Work with the eMachine Electromagnetics, Mechanical, Thermal and Design for Manufacture teams to achieve design harmonisation of the integrated components within stator and rotor assemblies.
- Work with EDU Geometrical Integration, EDU Thermal Systems and EDU Cooling and lubrication teams on the successful integration of eMachine assemblies into Electric Drive Units.
- Liaise with Design Validation teams on defining eMachine system level attribute tests, durability tests and drive the correlation with eMachine system virtual models.
- Contribute to the development of eMachine system level DFMEAs, ensuring all failure modes relating to rotor and stator subassemblies are captured and clear linkage to test verification is present.
- support the development of eMachine systems to be incorporated into Electric Drive Units across a range of JLR vehicles.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Hold a formal qualification such as Degree within Engineering or any other relevant subjects.
- Aptitude to drive resolution to complex technical challenges and for identifying and solving complex engineering problems.
- Strong technical writing skills and resilience to deliver under pressure.
- Able to effectively communicate and work cross-functionally with technical and compliance teams.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes JLR the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At JLR, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.