Graduate Energy Engineer/ Junior Consultant
- Job Reference: 634154111-2
- Date Posted: 23 June 2022
- Recruiter: Verco
- Location: Bath, Somerset
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: Competitive Salary Offered + Benefits
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
Graduate Energy Engineer/Junior Consultant Deliver for Zero - Corporates
Reports to: Head of Deliver for Zero (Corporates) Location: South West - Overmoor, Corsham (near Bath)
Who are we?
Verco is an award-winning employee-owned energy consultancy and B Corp. Our vision is to provide solutions for a zero-carbon world; helping our clients reduce their environmental impact and save money through data driven analysis, grounded advice and real-world solutions.
We are proud to work with some of the biggest names in the business, across a wide range of sectors; from governments designing energy efficiency policy, to work with industry leaders on their pressing energy and resource management challenges. We provide a wide range of reporting, compliance and energy management services using our proprietary software Carbon DesktopTM, in conjunction with an experienced consultancy team and latest analytics.
The Junior Consultant role will provide excellent technical and delivery support to complex projects and business development activities. The Junior Consultant will work on projects for different teams across the business working with worldwide large manufacturing and energy intensive clients.
Within the Deliver for Zero team, the Junior Consultant will support the delivery of energy and water management consultancy services to Verco's manufacturing and energy intensive clients. These will include onsite energy auditing, group programme support and implementing Verco's proprietary energy management software Carbon DesktopTM and associated systems such as automatic metering.
The role represents the entry point within Verco's career structure and the opportunity to develop and demonstrate the capabilities required to perform a full consultancy role within the business.
Project Management: To deliver required project inputs according to time, quality and budget requirements. In time, you will take responsibility for project work streams and small-scale consulting projects.
Technical input: Provide technical input to projects.
• Contribute to the delivery of energy and water consumption reduction audits at a wide range of sites, with a specific focus on manufacturing sites within the food and beverage sector. • Work with sites to develop metering and data collection solutions that are supported by Verco's proprietary Carbon Desktop Software. • Provide high quality insightful data analysis which supports the ongoing energy management challenges faced by our clients.
Business development and proposal writing: Assist proposal creation through the collation of required information and to provide support to managers.
Client management: Maintain strong relationships with existing clients through professional interactions.
Operational: Provide timely responses to operational needs including time-sheeting, invoicing, reviews, project management information, health & safety, etc.
International travel may be required for this role.
Job related attributes
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering (Essential) - Masters or relevant post-graduate qualification (Desirable)
- Project Management (Desirable) - Energy Management (Desirable) - Supporting/advising clients on technical issues re: energy efficiency. (Desirable)
Knowledge & Understanding
Understanding of energy use in Industry and/or industrial processes, building/s, sustainable energy generation technologies (Essential)
- Policy understanding of key UK, EU and international policies (Desirable) - Knowledge of wider sustainability issues & carbon management (Desirable) - Macroeconomic knowledge/expertise (Desirable)
Skills / Competencies
- Very high level of competence in the use of IT, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. (Essential) - Strong communicator (verbal & written) (Essential) - Proactive and inquisitive approach (Essential) - Ability to work independently & creatively on challenging problems (Essential) - Sophisticated analytical approach (Essential)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI MS Project, GIS (Desirable) - IES modelling (Desirable) - Any macro-economic modelling tool (Desirable) - Any financial modelling tool (Desirable)
Other requirements & attributes
- Willingness to travel nationally/internationally (Essential) - Able to present a professional appearance (Essential) - A passion for sustainability (Essential)
- Clean UK driving licence (Desirable)
Benefits and Personal Development
Verco provides a supportive environment, and is committed to helping everyone across the business develop. The role represents the entry point within Verco's consultancy career structure and the opportunity to develop and demonstrate the capabilities required to perform a full consultancy role within the business. You will be supported in your career development, through developing skills such as project management, your technical skills and to supporting you towards a Chartership.
A two-year project-based training programme will give you exposure to energy intensive manufacturing processes; site services optimisation; Energy Management Software; KPI's, benchmarking, environmental and CSR reporting and Carbon Management.
Our benefits include an annual performance based bonus, 5% pension contribution, Medical Insurance (currently with BUPA), Life assurance (4 x annual salary), Travel Insurance (work and personal including winter sports), Payment of an annual membership of an association, Interest free travel loans, Cycle to work scheme, Give as you earn scheme, Annual eye tests/check-ups, etc.
We are an employee owned business, and therefore share purchase options will be available periodically to the team.
We care about your wellbeing, and develop Wellness Action Plans with you. We aim to be as flexible as we can be with our team, and this includes home working (although we do ask the team to be in the office twice a week). We organise social events and volunteering activities in particular regarding STEM.