REQ ID: 117379
JOB TITLE: Hardware Engineer
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As In-Vehicle Infotainment becomes an increasingly important differentiator in customer’s buying decisions the Infotainment function must strive to offer up-to-date, cutting edge solutions to keep pace with the growing capabilities of consumer electronics. The Electronics and Acoustics Group is a key part of the Infotainment function within Digital Product Platform and focuses on concept, development and integration of the electronic components across the whole Jaguar Land Rover product range.
As a Lead Hardware Engineer your responsibilities will:
- Lead development of our new electronic and hardware components portfolio including Bill of Design creation and improvement activities
- Lead vehicle packaging of electronic components across the current and future vehicle platforms
- Utilise and improve Failure Mode Avoidance and Evaluation tools to ensure risk is managed appropriately.
- Create, develop and update requirements and standards to cascade cross-functionally ensuring effective collaboration and understanding.
- Systems integration, system assessment and acceptance using test vehicles or test rigs
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience in HW electronics development (firmware design experience is a benefit)
- Significant relevant experience of system definition and Model based engineering (MBE)
- A good understanding of specification creation process, design verification and issue tracking (Jira is an advantage)
- Good understanding of Failure Mode Avoidance techniques
- Experience in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
- Knowledge of automotive networks (CAN, Ethernet) and diagnostics
- Excellent verbal and written communications in English
- Effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, or relevant equivalent experience preferred
- Appreciation of in-vehicle electrical hardware integration
- A passion for automotive technology
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Previous experience working in SW design and development in an engineering discipline
- Design for EMC
- Experience in building up test environment (Python is an advantage)
SO WHY US?
- Join us for the next level of your career and help developing solutions that shape the future of cars
- Be part of an international, inclusive and open-minded team where you have actual influence on the processes
- See the product you’re working on come to life from testing all the way to production
- Work flexibly with high percentage of home office or from our award-winning office
- We honor your work with a competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Benefit from our health and life insurance and cafeteria package
- Embrace our culture through various company programs such as charity events or our regular board game club