Infrastructure Lead Engineer
Grade D, local Nitra
Salary: From 2030 eur monthly, 0-15% yearly bonus, other benefits according JLR rules
This is role sits with Manufacturing Engineering / Manufacturing Infrastructure at Jaguar Land Rover Slovakia, Nitra. The Manufacturing Infrastructure Lead Engineer will be responsible for providing proposals, design solutions, planning and implementation of facility projects, within Jaguar Land Rover Nitra manufacturing site.
Working across RIBA stages 0-7, you will lead construction part of the projects and be responsible for the successful, timely and cost-effective delivery of these projects within our global construction and facility projects that will include product implementation programmes, technology innovation, legacy facility improvement projects and capital investment projects.
● Creation of technical concepts for the construction part of investment projects for Jaguar Land Rover Nitra manufacturing facilities and infrastructure.
● Provide expert technical expertise and support to manufacturing by assessing and developing the capability and capacity at Jaguar Land Rover facilities and supporting equipment, aligned to the programme milestones, launch plans and production requirements.
● Communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues, subcontractors, consultants, co-workers and clients
● Supervise tendering procedures, provide and manage proposals creations (drawings and specifications)
● Coordination of work progress according to the time schedules of individual investment projects
● Use computer-aided design (CAD) and 3D modelling packages for building design.
● Responsibility for feasibility on proposed new or modified facilities. Typical projects include:
o Undertake technical and feasibility studies and site investigations
o Major new build construction
o Strip-out and demolition of existing facilities (inc. floor slabs, drainage, hardstanding)
o Extension to existing facilities (new slabs, drainage, hardstanding, roadways) o Major internal refurbishment of existing facilities inc. floor slab design and replacement
o Major refurbishment / new installations of building mechanical & electrical installations
o Minor refurbishment of building facilities including offices, amenity and catering areas o Civil works associated with external areas i.e. roadways, drainage, new hardstanding
● Liaising with, and obtaining, statutory approvals associated with our facilities.
● Establish and manage performance of all Service Level Agreements.
● Responsibility for the delivery of robust/lean layout solutions to support facility project delivery or process/operational efficiency improvements.
● Lead and manage the support and input of all relevant stakeholders to achieve acceptance, buy-off and successful handover of new or refurbished facilities.
● Ensure compliance with Construction and H&S Regulations .
● Undertake any other work as directed by your line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
· experience in the field for at least 4 years
· experience with the construction of manufacturing plants is an advantage
· focus on effective problem solving
· negotiation and argumentation skills
· technical and analytical thinking
· focus on results with an eye for detail
· excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· English level B1
· Microsoft Word - Advanced
· Microsoft Excel - Advanced
· Microsoft Outlook - Advanced
· Microsoft PowerPoint - Advanced
· REVIT - Advanced
· AutoCAD - Advanced
· Practical experience up to Level 2 BIM.
· The ability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with longer term planning