REQ ID: 101304
JOB TITLE: Integrated Manufacturing Technician
POSTING END DATE: 27/03/2023
LOCATION: Wolverhampton EMC
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
As an Integrated Manufacturing Technician, you’ll provide engineering support to maximise production efficiencies and maintain all associated plant equipment at our state-of-the-art Engine Manufacturing Centre in Wolverhampton.
Key Performance Indicators
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
You’ll provide a first line response to breakdowns, issues with equipment and processes, ensuring minimal down time is achieved using safe working practices.
Particular emphasis will be placed on the following responsibilities:
• Positive behaviours and ability to demonstrate building good working relationships with cross functional teams.
• First response to breakdowns and controls to deliver minimal down time using safe working practices.
• Carry out PM checks, running checks and ensure completion to schedule.
• Implement permanent corrective actions to reoccurring issues.
• Carry out weekend/shutdown work and deliver projects as per business requirements.
• Willingness to undertake training as and when required by the business.
Integrated Manufacturing Specialists
Production Team Leaders
Production Process Leaders
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
You’ll have completed and can show evidence of a time served indentured apprenticeship within a relevant Engineering discipline.
• Can-do attitude to complex problem solving and project implementation within an automated environment.
• Good understanding of lean manufacturing techniques (such as 5S, Kaizen, TPM, AM & PM).
• Significant experience with in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience with 5 axis Automated CNC machining centres, Conveyor systems, Gantry and auxiliary equipment.
• Understanding of how to drive improvements using data or MTBF and MTTR metrics.
• Flexible approach to shift working as per business requirements.
• Computer literate and a good understanding of SAP.
• Good understanding of robotics within a production environment (Preferably Kuka/ABB).
• Experience within an automated assembly and machining production line.
• Working knowledge of Atlas Copco (or similar) DC tooling.
• Good working knowledge of Siemens S7 and fault finding techniques.
• Experience in NC controls
This is a pre-populated field identifying the personal attributes required for this opportunity. Do not include reference to knowledge or skills that would otherwise appear in the section above
● An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
● A good team player who is able to work to predefined procedures
● An individual with the ability to prioritise their work load
● An individual with the ability to make timely decisions in line with agreed procedures and escalate as appropriate
● An individual with a customer focused approach
● Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family and membership of a competitive pension plan. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.