REQ ID: 117657
JOB TITLE: Inverter System Engineer
POSTING END DATE: 30/11/23
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
At JLR, we are at the forefront of innovation in the automotive industry. Our commitment to cutting-edge technology and sustainable solutions drives us to seek talented individuals who can help us shape the future of mobility. We are currently looking for an Inverter System Engineer to join our dynamic team and play a pivotal role in the development of high-voltage power electronic traction inverters for exciting new projects.
As an Inverter System Engineer, you will be responsible for defining, developing, and aligning the high voltage power electronic traction inverter requirements for our latest projects. You will play a critical role in ensuring the quality, coherence, and specificity of our inverter requirements while maintaining a holistic, system-level view of the project. This position offers the opportunity to continually improve our inverter requirements, drive collaboration across various disciplines, and lead alignment with suppliers.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Ensure the quality and coherence of the inverter requirements deck, minimizing ambiguity and overlap.
- Author and update requirements to continually improve inverter core requirements, working closely with cross-functional team members.
- Capture lessons learned and preventive actions in requirements and test cases.
- Decompose system-level requirements/test cases into inverter requirements.
- Lead inverter requirement alignment with suppliers.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Experience in developing inverters with working voltages up to 1000V and power ratings exceeding 150kW.
- Strong background in Systems Engineering within the Automotive Sector.
- Profound knowledge of engineering principles.
- Familiarity with typical requirements for high-voltage systems.
- Working-level knowledge of ISO 26262.
If you are a talented and motivated engineer looking to make a significant impact in the automotive industry, we invite you to apply for the Inverter System Engineer role at JLR. Join our team and be part of the future of mobility. Your expertise can drive innovation and shape the way we move. Apply today!
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes JLR the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At JLR, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.