REQ ID: 107603
JOB TITLE: ESP Delivery Engineer
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
The purpose of this role is to deliver world class software into the overall modulation system through coordination of the design, development, testing and introduction of software and functionality (software is sourced from the first-tier supplier) for all SVO vehicles.
Operating in a cross-functional organisation, this role will report directly into the Technical Group Leader. The role requires the individual to lead the technical delivery with the tier 1 supplier and multiple internal area, also to develop the commodity plan and ensure delivery to required quality, cost and time.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Deliver the Brake Control Software Integration plan to quality, cost and time, in interaction with the vehicle driving dynamics team in charge of the calibration
- Deliver the Brake Control Hardware to quality, cost and time, in interaction with the brake’s attributes leader and brakes test engineer
- Own and deliver the Software Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables
- Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
- Support build and electrical integration team during SW delivery phase
- Work closely with the supplier to deliver software to support JLR build events from through to J#1 +90days
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Electronics, Mechatronic, Software or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of systems development and delivery through all stages of the engineering development ‘V’ cycle, including understanding of system principals
- Ability to negotiate technical solutions within a multi-disciplinary team and will have the ability to manage conflict and balance opposing programme demands.
- Experience of JLR processes including WERS releasing, AIM, APQP, FMEA, RMDV
- Ability to manage supplier and the supporting JLR team members
- Understanding of automotive networking, diagnostics and fault handling techniques, and related system development tools (CANalyzer, ASL, CANape, etc.)
- Experience of delivering complex mechatronic commodities
- Knowledge of decoupled braking hardware technology
- Understanding of control system development tools such as dSPACE, DOORS, RTC
- Component and system level issue investigations including appropriate problem solving and reporting tools (Six Sigma, 5D, Is / Is Not, Fault Tree etc)
- Experience of safety critical systems and software, including standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508, ISO/IEC 15504
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.