REQ ID: 113142
JOB TITLE: Lead Engineer
SALARY: £43,000 - £53,000
POSTING END DATE: 28.03.2023
Jaguar Land Rover is harnessing technology to make driving smarter, safer and cleaner. You can help create a world in which responsible, sustainable vehicles revolutionise the driving experience for generations. Our vision is to leverage the incredible potential of technology to build vehicles that not only offer a premium, all-encompassing digital experience, but that also make our customers lives better.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Body/Chassis team is one of the most experienced of its type in the UK, and has the knowledge and talent to hold its own against the best engineers anywhere in the world. From iconic body styling to interior detail, from off road capability to on road dynamic stability, everything about our vehicles has to be perfect. It is what customers expect from a luxury brand. It's what this team makes happen. Join them, and you’ll help us to stay at the forefront of vehicle innovation and research, and to build on our position as a highly competitive brand in a highly competitive marketplace.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring the Body Chassis Agile Squads are able to meet all defined technical targets and attributes, extending to cost, quality and time. A major part of the role will be to identify risk and guide the squads with their priorities, each sprint and product Increment, wihin the wider context of delivering their components on time and to quality. You’ll also be involved with all Technical Centre related responsibilities on programmes.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Support the Senior Technical Centre Lead delivering a Programme through to Launch
- Support the Body Agile Squads to identify risks to their comodity delivery and ensure mitigating actions are in place
- Guide the squads with their priorities for each sprint and product Increment
- Support delivery of all programme gateway requirements accurately and on time at each gateway, including product and component performance, timing, quality and commercial deliverables
- Manage Product related technical issues where technical centre input is required, ensuring the Body/Chassis Engineering team resolve and close robustly with supporting evidence
- Facilitate problem resolution on all programme aspects of body content delivery and act to move roadblocks to delivery
- Support and maintain strong relations with the core sub systems Group Leaders and Commodity Technical Centre Leads for technical input when required
- Work with the plant teams and liaise with wider engineering teams for rapid issue resolution
Knowledge, skills and experience
This is a high visibility and challenging role and key to the role is ensuring the vehicles we develop meet the program and brand targets and delight customers.
You will need:
- Experience of delivering projects in an automotive or manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills combined with a confident attitude
- Ability to present complex information across all levels and cultures
- Excellent team leading capability is essential. Ability to organise and drive the team to resolve cross functional issues
- Good level of technical knowledge and a broad understanding of body and chassis interfaces into other vehicle functions
- Strong project management capabilities with excellent implementation skills and the ability to multitask
- High drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision
- Understanding of Agile Principles.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.