REQ ID: 113413
JOB TITLE: Lead Engineer - Vehicle In Loop - VIL
SALARY: £45,500 - £58,000 + Additions & Benefits
LOCATION: Whitley, Coventry, UK
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a Lead Test and Development Engineer - VIL - Vehicle In Loop. You will be responsible for the Developing and delivery of a comprehensive and aligned strategy for the Calibration and Controls department, this role will work on best practices, methods, standards, processes, people and organisation, and hardware and software tools.
This role specialises in managing the usage of highly advanced state-of-the-art Powertrain in the Loop and Vehicle in the Loop test properties. The role requires close collaboration working with all teams from all aspects of the propulsion system – traditional ICE, transmission, driveline, hybrid and full BEV systems to optimise, integrate and validate the whole propulsion system before VB.
The PiL and ViL test environment forms part of the end-to-end tool chain process starting with virtual testing through to physical testing and maximises propulsion system optimisation and delivery through advanced and comprehensive DVM design and automation.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of tools and methodologies to support the calibration and validation of the engine control system
- Ensure capable, robust and documented methods across all attributes and systems supporting robust and optimised design
- Contribute to the development of capable, efficient, standardised and automated simulation processes
- Work on ensuring Jaguar Land Rover has capable, effective and sustainable software and hardware component tools to support the calibration and engine control system
- Work on ensuring hardware is capable of supporting future simulation capacity and performance requirements
- Contribute to the test data acquisition, management and automated reporting
- Coordinate simulation capability improvement projects
- Assist in providing test automation capability for Virtual test environments
- Contribute to the development and coordination system, function and component level models to populate the tool libraries
- Contribute to the delivery of training to application teams to most effectively utilise the virtual tools for application development
- Support the Simulation and Tools teams to ensure project documentation for each project is created and maintained
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Powertrain calibration and controls, ideally to a detailed level
- Experience in modelling complex systems, ideally vehicle and/or Powertrain systems
- Project Management and managing complex cross functional plans experience
- Matlab, Simulink and Simulink Projects, Excel
- Experience in AVL MoBEO, CAMEO, Cruise and GT Power, ETAS Intecrio, Flow and INCA, programming (Python C, C++), MS Visual Studio and scripting skills
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience in using ViL and PiL for power train system optimisation
- Experience in DVM design across the whole propulsion system
- Experience in using automation tools across virtual and physical test environments
- Delivery of Engineering and or analytical projects preferably within the automotive industry
- Experience in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach with the ability to identify areas for improvement
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.