JOB TITLE: Lead LV Systems Engineer
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
The Power Architecture team develops the low voltage (12V) power supply systems for Jaguar Land Rover vehicles. We have overall responsibility for LV supply systems on all JLR carlines, from conventional internal combustion engine (ICE) to mild-hybrid (MHEV), plug-in-hybrid (PHEV) and battery electric vehicles (BEV). Power Architecture is a rapid growth area and is a key enabler for Electrification and ADAS.
The Lead LV Systems Engineer is responsible for the development, verification and digital validation of LV Power Supply Systems on whole vehicle level.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Development of new LV power supply system architectures and features
- Development of power supply system Design Validation (DV) plans
- Development of LV system specifications
- Creation of power supply system requirements, test cases and measurements procedures
- Solving power supply system related engineering challenges.
- Coordinating development partners and suppliers
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Electrical engineering degree (or equivalent)
- Technical knowledge and experience of automotive power supply systems and/or power electronics system and or battery system development and/or validation
- Experience of system-level or component-level issue resolution and strong practical ability
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts, data and conclusions within the team and to stakeholders
- Automotive development experience
- Knowledge and understanding of systems engineering principles (including MBSE & SysML)
- Proven track of automotive HW, SW or System development for series production
- Experience of failure mode avoidance
- Knowledge and experience of other systems (electric propulsion, ADAS, steering, braking etc)
- Proficient in MATLAB/Simulink
- Proficient in measurement data analysis
- Requirements Management using DOORS
- Experience with ISO 26262
SO WHY US?
- Join us for the next level of your career and help developing solutions that shape the future of cars
- Be part of an international, inclusive and open-minded team where you have actual influence on the processes
- See the product you’re working on come to life from testing all the way to production
- Work flexibly with high percentage of home office or from our award-winning office
- We honor your work with a competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Benefit from our health and life insurance and cafeteria package
- Embrace our culture through various company programs such as charity events or our regular board game club
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.