REQ ID: 114599
JOB TITLE: Lead Power Systems Engineer
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
The Power Architecture team develops low voltage (LV) and high voltage (HV) power supply systems for all future Jaguar Land Rover vehicles. We have responsibility for LV and HV power supply systems on all JLR powertrain variants, from conventional internal combustion engine (ICE) to mild-hybrid (MHEV), plug-in-hybrid (PHEV) and battery electric vehicles (BEV). Power Architecture is a rapid growth area and is a key player in e-mobility.
The role is responsible to lead the definition, development and delivery of harmonized systems solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components into Jaguar Land Rover vehicles for Power Supply System. The role includes a unique opportunity to design and define the electrification journey for Jaguar Land Rover.
The role will require a customer focussed individual who can provide objective analysis of the user’s need to support the definition of functional and performance related requirements associated with the features.
The Vehicle Power Systems Engineer is responsible for the development, verification and digital validation of LV and HV Power Supply Systems.
- Collect, analyse and develop requirements of power supply systems on vehicle level (HV or LV)
- Lead power system modelling activities
- Create concepts for HV and LV power systems for future Jaguar Land Rover vehicles
- Create verification and validation plans on system and vehicle level
- Lead power system validation and verification activities
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- BSc or MSc in electrical / mechatronics / vehicle engineering
- System engineering knowledge
- Basic knowledge in e-mobility or power electronics or battery systems
- Experience with model-based engineering
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with automotive power supply systems
- Experience with electrical simulations
- Automotive experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
SO WHY US?
- Join us for the next level of your career and help developing solutions that shape the future of cars
- Be part of an international, inclusive and open-minded team where you have actual influence on the processes
- See the product you’re working on come to life from testing all the way to production
- Work flexibly with high percentage of home office or from our award-winning office
- We honor your work with a competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Benefit from our health and life insurance and cafeteria package
- Embrace our culture through various company programs such as charity events or our regular board game club