REQ ID: 79778
JOB TITLE: Lead Software Quality Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Software Quality Engineer to join our growing team in Hungary. Chassis Motion Control System (C&MCS) is part of Body and Chassis Commodity Group, in Product Engineering. You will be part of the Software Intensive System - Center of Excellence Team in C&MCS, designing and implementing safe, deterministic software and ISO26262 compliant processes for our Autonomous, Connected, Electric and Shared architecture of the future.
As a lead software quality engineer, you will be working on innovative, high-profile projects within our growing portfolio of products, within C&MCS. You will be working to further improve our embedded, safety-critical software processes that demonstrate the completeness and correctness of our control and monitoring systems software.
You will be expected to help define change management, configuration management, software development and software verification strategies, etc. You will be expected to support the Software Architect and Software Process Owner / QA in wider business discussion, training, process definition and technical documentation.
You will work within an Agile product development environment focused on creating value for your stakeholders.
- Provide system and software quality expertise in the development of Reliable embedded software solutions.
- Support audits/assessment in the project regarding reparation and follow up on findings to maintain departmental and company standards & procedures
- Tailor centralised system and software development strategies, software verification strategies and tool qualification strategies (termed “plans” by ISO26262) to suit the project needs.
- Ensure the adherence to JLR system and software engineering processes, standards, plans and frameworks
- Establish and deploy best technical practice; knowledge transfer in terms of formal training and mentoring regarding to Software Quality Processes, Procedures, Plans and Standards.
- Engage with suppliers on System and Software Quality matters.
- To leverage industry standard techniques and best practices to influence our system and software development process.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Contribute to the delivery of the system or software being developed to meet the business requirements on time with appropriate quality and at the right cost
- Work towards the Centre of Competence performance and facilitate or escalate cross module / cross Centre of Competence problem resolution on all programme aspects of content delivery, including virtual build, physical build and launch support
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT TOU WILL NEED
- Degree level qualified ideally in relevant discipline e.g. Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience of designing and developing safety-critical system and software in compliance with automotive, aerospace, industrial automation or medical standards (e.g. IEC61508 SIL-3, ISO26262 ASIL-D or DO-178 level A)
- Experience in Software Quality Assurance methods (ISO29148, ISO29119, ISO21434,ISO26262, ASPICE) through full Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience in System engineering processes.
- Experience working with Requirement Management Software Tool e.g. Rational Doors, TRM Dassault
- Good knowledge of software verification activities such as requirements-based testing, code coverage (modified condition/decision structural coverage), static code analysis, stack and heap usage analysis.
- Competent Knowledge in reading autogenerated C code, C code and MATLAB/Simulink Models
- Experience supporting co-authoring of Project Plans for process compliance (e.g. Software Safety Plan)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to confer complex technical and procedural topis in a clear and concise form, confidently presenting with stakeholders
SO WHY US?
- Join us for the next level of your career and help developing solutions that shape the future of cars
- Be part of an international, inclusive and open-minded team where you have actual influence on the processes
- See the product you’re working on come to life from testing all the way to production
- Work flexibly with high percentage of home office or from our award-winning office
- We honor your work with a competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Benefit from our health and life insurance and cafeteria package
- Embrace our culture through various company programs such as charity events or our regular board game club