REQ ID: 112834
JOB TITLE: Lead System Design Engineer - Charging
SALARY: £42,500 - £52,000
POSTING END DATE: 01/04/2023
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Jaguar Land Rover is engineering our integrated charging and battery management systems for our next generation of electrified vehicles. This is a rapidly growing area in which our in-house software is critical in enabling a world class charging experience for our customers. Our teams plan, design, integrate and validate the charging system and software to ensure we deliver our charging products on time and to quality.
In this role you will be working in an Agile environment to lead the control system design and delivery of our Battery Management Control Module to support JLRs exciting future product line up. As part of a product squad you will lead the system design and delivery of charging and battery control systems and develop system and logical architecture diagrams using Model Based System Engineering tools
You will capture control system requirements, design system interface and boundary diagrams and ensure the designs are compliant with internal standards, ASPICE and ISO26262. You will also support the testing activities through the design and validation phases of the projects.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven understanding of charging and battery management systems
- Development experience of system design for control applications
- Working knowledge of system engineering using ASPICE and functional safety ISO26262
- Experience using Model Based System Engineering tools
- Proven experience in functional failure and hazard analysis
- Experience in writing and maintaining requirements for control system in safety critical applications (ideally in TRM and DOORS).
- Experience of model-based control function development.
- Experience with calibration and testing software applications such as CANalyzer, CANape, ETAS INCA.
- Knowledge of Rapid Control Prototyping tools (e.g. DSpace Control Desk for MicroAutobox or similar)
- Prior automotive controls experience in; ADAS systems, Chassis, Vehicle Dynamics, or Longitudinal Control preferred, though strong candidates with relevant control system experience from other industries such as aerospace will also be considered
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.