REQ ID: 109185
JOB TITLE: Lead Systems Integration Steering Engineer - EPAS
SALARY: £44,000 - £51,000
POSTING END DATE: 16/02/2023
Jaguar Land Rover is harnessing technology to make driving smarter, safer and cleaner. You can help create a world in which responsible, sustainable vehicles revolutionise the driving experience for generations. Our vision is to leverage the incredible potential of technology to build vehicles that not only offer a premium, all-encompassing digital experience, but that also make our customers lives better.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As a Steering Systems Integration engineer, you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery from requirements capture through to software delivery, testing, calibration of the steering system, and delivery of the complete software package into production. You will work closely with; system, network, diagnostic, release, Hardware in the Loop engineers, dynamic tuning engineers, supplier support engineers, ADAS engineers to develop and deliver the steering software. The role involves driving the vehicles with a direct hands-on approach to the steering assessment, debugging in real time the PSCM software and the interaction with other systems on the vehicle.
As a steering engineer you could be working on the front or rear steering systems and the purpose of this role is to coordinate the design, development, testing, commodity plan and introduction of Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) software and functionality into existing and new vehicles. (The EPAS software and hardware is sourced from the first-tier supplier into Jaguar Land Rover). The role is joining experienced EPAS engineers, Electronic, network and system engineers within the Steering Power pack team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Delivery of EPAS steering Power Pack system functionality to the required timings and gateways.
- Driving the vehicles with the development software to evaluate and debug issues to enable a road release onto public roads, working with the Vehicle Dynamics team and ADAS teams.
- Manage vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
- Work closely with vehicle attribute teams and the EPAS supplier to develop software functionality and calibrations to achieve targets
- Working collaboratively with ADAS lateral motion systems to develop system controls.
- Debugging and investigation of customer warranty issues
- Liase with the HIL Steering system engineers, and diagnostic engineers to develop test cases.
- Working with the ODX/OTX engineers to design and develop structured diagnostic flows, and to test the diagnostic flows on the HIL rig
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- System Design
- Problem solving and fault debugging techniques
- Serial communication systems
- Project and delivery planning
- Communication and presentation skills
- PC Microsoft programmes
- Motivation to succeed
- A good working knowledge of product and system definition
- Management experience
- Delivery of complex systems to time and budget
- Previous experience within Automotive engineering departments
- Software coding C / Python
- Network analysers such as Vector or Intrepid tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Electronic Hardware Design
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.