REQ ID: 112028
JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Process Engineer- Test Processes
POSTING END DATE: 31/03/2023
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Jaguar Land Rover has an opportunity for a high calibre and experienced Test Engineer to join our Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering team. The team is developing to support future Powertrain developments for the complete range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles. You will be responsible for developing our new, technologically advanced power train assembly & test facilities that are currently under design and manufacture to support the JLR global Engine, Battery and Electric Drive Units (EDU) initiatives.
The Power Train Manufacturing Engineering (PTME) department is responsible for the development and introduction of new and modified processes and facilities associated with new model introductions and model year changes, & this role will be within the test department.
You will be a key part of the Test team, working closely with Product Development Engineers, Facility vendors, and Tooling Suppliers to ensure that component and whole powertrain systems meet world-class quality and efficiency standards. You will utilise your knowledge to develop and implement test processes and facilities to deliver the safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
As a Test Engineer, you will be involved in the planning, developing, and implementation of e-drive and ICE test processes and facilities.
You will provide feasibility statements for Product Development designs to suit manufacturing build requirements. You will need to ensure robust process quality planning including build simulations and FMEA’s
You will be responsible for supporting virtual build events and raising and championing issues where appropriate as well as supporting physical builds at the workshop, pilot build, and Manufacturing Plant locations, raising and managing issues where appropriate. You will also need to support the preparation & issue of “Request for Quotations.”
Day to day, you will contribute to the evaluation of quotations, prepare technical & financial recaps along with ensuring adherence to company and departmental operating processes and policies as well as manage technical issues, offer guidance to the team, and escalate where appropriate.
You will help to support the test process & equipment verification at suppliers and at ‘home’ manufacturing facility and support management activities through the development and monitoring of timing plans and new model planning through project estimates against study requests.
You will also be responsible for achieving equipment capability targets of all new & modified facilities, including OPR, MTTR, MTBF.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
As a Test Engineer, you will have a good understanding of Process Capability as well as experience of In-process test and audit test equipment. You will have the ability to work as part of a small team of engineers to achieve objectives & project milestones as well as a self-motivated individual with good communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good IT skills and awareness of Process Authoring Tools (GSPAS).
- Good knowledge of MS Office Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Project).
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of in-process test equipment, Dyno facilities and ability to analyse and interpret performance data output from those facilities.
- Significant previous experience of facility installation, commissioning and product Launch.
- Good Understanding of process capability.
- Ideally, educated to Degree level in Manufacturing Systems or a similar engineering discipline. Candidates with HNC / HND and the relevant experience would be considered.
- Knowledge and experience of PCDS (or similar) and LQOS deliverables and timing.
- Ideally an understanding of JLR facility procurement and H&S procedures.
- Facility system validation and handover to Launch & Production.
- A good understanding of engineering including the ability to review engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of simulation and virtual toolsets i.e. Digital-buck, Process Designer, Process Simulate and CATIA V5.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.