REQ ID: 111372
JOB TITLE: Model-Based Software Engineer - Pre-emptive Suspension
This role will be within the Chassis and Motion Control Systems (C&MCS) team, forming part of Body Chassis Engineering (BCE) of JLR. The team provides control system and software design and development expertise for existing and future chassis related features such as Steering, Motion, Suspension, Driveline, etc.
This role is for an experienced and highly motivated model-based software engineer with responsibility for the design, development and verification of in-house Pre-emptive Suspension (PES) functions on various vehicle programmes, meeting the programme requirements for quality and time.
The PES feature is a Chassis feature designed to improve vehicle control and comfort through preconditioning the suspension systems in anticipation of upcoming road conditions and driving scenarios.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsibility for delivering Chassis software to meet the business requirements on time with appropriate quality (requirements management, model-based software development, verification, calibration, software quality management)
- Support the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the programmes, using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) principles in conjunction with other company processes as required
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop a comprehensive set of requirements for the control functionality, ensure the requirements are controlled in the appropriate tool and ensure traceability between requirements and functions.
- Contribute to the negotiation and agreement of targets for the modules and ensure all programme deliverables are tracked, monitored, delivered and reported accurately and on time at each gateway and organise and lead appropriate interim review events
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience of embedded real-time control function development using the Mathworks toolchain (Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow) for real time applications (Embedded Coder)
- Experience of managing requirements (e.g. DOORS, TRM)
- Experience with embedded software development and delivery through the stages of the engineering development ‘V’ cycle, including understanding of system and software engineering principles
- Experience with modelling and coding guidelines and checkers (e.g. MISRA, PolySpace)
- Experience of Automotive chassis control function development
- An understanding of Vehicle Dynamics and how vehicle behaviour can be influenced by control systems.
- Experience of using C programming language in embedded real-time applications
- Understanding AUTOSAR
- Experience of agile working methods and tools (JIRA)
- Experience of version control systems and tools (Git)
- Experience of automated build environments or continuous integration
- Experience of vehicle networks, ECU programming and calibration and tools (e.g. CAN, CANape)
- Experience of safety critical systems and software, including standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508 or similar
- Driving license
SO WHY US?
- Join us for the next level of your career and help developing solutions that shape the future of cars
- Be part of an international, inclusive and open-minded team where you have actual influence on the processes
- See the product you’re working on come to life from testing all the way to production
- Work flexibly with high percentage of home office or from our award-winning office
- We honor your work with a competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Benefit from our health and life insurance and cafeteria package
- Embrace our culture through various company programs such as charity events or our regular board game club