REQ ID: 79776
JOB TITLE: Model Based System Engineer - Motion Information Services
This role will be within the Chassis and Motion Control Systems (C&MCS) team, forming part of Body Chassis Engineering (BCE) of JLR. The team provides control system and software design and development expertise for existing and future chassis related features such as Steering, Braking, Motion, Suspension, Driveline, etc.
This role is for an experienced and highly motivated model-based systems engineer with responsibility for the design, development and verification of in-house Motion Information Services (MIS) system on various vehicle programmes, meeting the programme requirements for quality and time.
The MIS is Chassis’ central vehicle state estimation system providing state and parameter information (e.g. velocity, orientation, mass, etc.) for the other Chassis features.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsibility for delivering Chassis systems to meet the business requirements on time with appropriate quality (stakeholder management, requirements management, model-based system development, integration, verification and validation, system quality management)
- Support the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the programmes, using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) principles in conjunction with other company processes as required
- Contribute to the negotiation and agreement of targets for the modules and ensure all programme deliverables are tracked, monitored, delivered and reported accurately and on time at each gateway and organise and lead appropriate interim review events
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience with model-based systems development using SysML (e.g. CATIA Magic Systems of Systems Architect, IBM Rhapsody)
- Experience with systems development and delivery through the stages of the engineering development ‘V’ cycle and its related processes
- Experience with requirements management (analysis, decomposition, functional and non-functional, etc.) and tools (e.g. TRM, DOORS)
- Experience with functional analysis and FFA/FTA methods
- Experience with model-based system verification by simulation (e.g. MSOSA, IBM Rhapsody, Simulink, Stateflow, CarMaker)
- Experience of safety critical systems, including standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508 or similar
- Automotive experience of chassis system development
- Experience of agile working methods and tools (JIRA)
- Experience of vehicle networks and architecture
- Experience of CarMaker
- Driving license
SO WHY US?
- Join us for the next level of your career and help developing solutions that shape the future of cars
- Be part of an international, inclusive and open-minded team where you have actual influence on the processes
- See the product you’re working on come to life from testing all the way to production
- Work flexibly with high percentage of home office or from our award-winning office
- We honor your work with a competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Benefit from our health and life insurance and cafeteria package
- Embrace our culture through various company programs such as charity events or our regular board game club