REQ ID: 108721
JOB TITLE: Privacy Legal Counsel
POSTING END DATE: 10th January 2023
Jaguar Land Rover is harnessing technology to make driving smarter, safer and cleaner. You can help create a world in which responsible, sustainable vehicles revolutionise the driving experience for generations. Our vision is to leverage the incredible potential of technology to build vehicles that not only offer a premium, all-encompassing digital experience, but that also make our customers lives better.
What to expect
This will be a key and strategic role providing legal advice and /support to many parts of the JLR business globally on current and emerging personal data and privacy compliance matters.
This role will have particular focus on strategic projects’ privacy risk assessments (including DPIAs) fully integrated into our company’s aspirations to delight our customers with a Modern Luxury experience in mobility services. The role will support key functions and projects (particularly in our digital, marketing and connected vehicles services areas) as they look to expand their data driven and complex data handling activities.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
● Supporting our Business Functions privacy-related matters for new strategic projects and connected services.
● Acting as lead data protection advisor to key data handling initiatives, providing pragmatic advice on complex compliance requirements. Advising on project risk assessments and privacy impact assessments (PIAs) on relevant data processing systems.
● Advising on complex cross-border data transfer compliance requirements.
● Providing appropriate guidance, education, training, and regular communications on privacy compliance to relevant employees, including delivering data protection training to relevant business functions and participating in awareness programmes.
● Promoting and developing a culture of doing business in the right way; driving continuous improvement of compliance practices; and working alongside key stakeholders within the company to advise and support on privacy compliance related matters.
What You’ll need
● Qualified Lawyer, with PQE data privacy experience in legal firm or in-house legal team
● Sound knowledge of European and cross-border privacy rules (including GDPR), and related legal frameworks (ePrivacy, FOIA, employment law, etc.).
● Experience of providing legal advice in connection with complex data complaints and data security breaches
● Experience of operationalising privacy compliance: to include privacy practices such as risk/impact assessments, handling data subject’s requests, employee monitoring, vendor contracts and breach management.
● IAPP (CIPM or CIPP) ● Experience of cross-border privacy projects outside of Europe
● Technical understanding of IT security and information security standards
● Knowledge of privacy concepts as they apply to engineering and / or telecommunications sectors would be advantageous.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan, private medical cover and performance related bonus scheme. As a manager, you’ll also be able to select one of our luxury premium vehicles to lease at a fraction of the cost. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.