REQ ID: 111918
JOB TITLE: SAP Manufacturing Data Engineer
POSTING END DATE: 28/02/2023
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The purpose of i-ERP is to enable business transformation by replacing legacy systems currently operating across our manufacturing sites with SAP S/4HANA and unlock the potential of industrial operations through increased capabilities of new technology.
This role will undertake data analysis specifically for the above i-ERP transformation project which is key to our radical digital transformation. Data is the backbone of our end-to-end Industrial Operations strategic and operational vision.
- Ensuring JLR Corporate standards for Data Management are met in full
- Defining master data processes, master data management and governance
- Defining data controls for processes to be followed for SAP S/4HANA
- Responsibilities for Master, Reference, Transactional and Metadata are embedded into operational procedures
- Closely work and align with our internal partners, i-ERP Programme Team, Digital Product Creation, Finance, Product & Development, Purchase to Pay, Legal, Trading Division, Sales and Operations - to test, learn, adjust and implement identified processes and solutions across the JLR Operating Model
- Promote, create and maintain relationships with manufacturing plant based teams
- Define and translate Manufacturing problems/requirements into analytics requirements/solutions for SAP S/4HANA reporting/analysis
- Conceptualise, develop, implement and enhance analytic insights and products using SAP S/4HANA and some data engineering
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and communicate conclusions to the business
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Detailed knowledge of SAP Data requirements within the manufacturing environment specifically for SAP S/4HANA
- Hands on experience of an industry recognised Master Data Management (MDM) or Data Quality (DQ) toolset
- Experience in an operational / manufacturing business
- Understanding of end-to-end manufacturing processes
- Excellent attention to detail with drive to deliver quality outputs and the ability to deliver with urgency
- Delivery focused, execution and results oriented
- Excellent behaviours to allow interaction at all organisation levels
- Structured, organised and disciplined in approach to planning
- Self-directed, self-paced and demonstrates a confident, proactive approach to acquiring new business skills
- Presenting and articulating challenges, risk, opportunities and options
- Team working, excellent networking, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Building trusting relationships across departments and other data subject matter experts
- Outstanding ability to structure, analyse/ interpret data and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience of delivering impactful, value-generating analysis /insight
- Previous experience of challenging stakeholders to determine “need” from “want”
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) (e.g. SAP MES, GE MES etc.)
- Working knowledge of PLM (e.g. Dassault Systems, Siemens etc.)
- Technical expertise in a business intelligence tool (e.g. Tableau)
- Working knowledge in SQL (e.g., joins, CTEs, UDFs, stored procedures)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications
- Knowledge of manufacturing reporting
- Previous experience and knowledge of various cloud data management platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Previous experience of delivering projects within Agile or Scrum framework
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.