REQ ID: 118234
JOB TITLE: Semiconductor Buyer
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager this is an exciting opportunity to be part of the creation and implementation of the long-term strategy for the most critical commodity to JLR.
Your main priority will be ensuring supplier performance to meet JLR Quality, Cost, Delivery, Innovation and Sustainability (QCDIS) requirements.
You will be expected to quickly building knowledge of the semiconductor supply chain, market and suppliers, as well as working with engineering to understand technical requirements. You will be required to aid and deliver sourcing in line with the semiconductors strategy and processes.
You will be responsible for making use of the SRM framework to establish and execute supplier relationships in line with strategy. You will lead commercial contracting and change management activities for your designated suppliers with the support of multiple stakeholders and specialist teams.
In addition, any activities suitably requested by your manager.
- New Product Launch: Responsibility for organisation and participation on technical workshops with the suppliers and the internal stakeholders. Following the sourcing activities and commercial negotiations, contracting with the respective suppliers ensuring that we deliver on time against our objectives.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Ensuring supplier performance to meet JLR Quality, Cost, Delivery, Innovation and Sustainability (QCDIS) requirements.
- Cost Management: Ensuring effective cost management of your suppliers, which will involve launching new products at their target cost as well as achieving year on year cost reduction on current spend to deliver against savings targets.
- Commercial Contract Management: Investigation and resolution of in-contract commercial issues such as liability claims, invoice issues, price discrepancies.
- Risk Management: Ensure continuity of supply to global production plants. Understand risk events within the supply chain, and support with escalated issues. Lead longer term risk mitigation projects to create continuous improvement.
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English
- Good influencing and communication skills
- High level of drive and resilient within a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to work independently, results driven, demonstrating tenacity
- ability to collate and analyse data and information and use it to formulate strategic recommendations and implement it
- Strength with MS office software
- Experience in using ERP systems or SAP
- Ideally experienced in Supply Chain/Category Management or Procurement for at least 5 years
- Automotive OEM experience is beneficial
SO WHY US?
- Join us for the next level of your career and help developing solutions that shape the future of cars
- Be part of an international, inclusive and open-minded team where you have actual influence on the processes
- See the product you’re working on come to life from testing all the way to production
- Work flexibly with high percentage of home office or from our award-winning office
- We honor your work with a competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Benefit from our health and life insurance and cafeteria package
- Embrace our culture through various company programs such as charity events or our regular board game club