Senior Production Leader/ Weekend shifts
Grade D, local Nitra
Salary: From 1484 eur monthly, 0-15% yearly bonus, other benefits according JLR rules
The purpose of paint shop senior production leader role is to drive both personally and through a team of members, improvements to all elements of the production system, SQDCPE. Improvements will be achieved through the development and control of robust processes for all aspects of Paint Operations as well as driving continuous improvements through the use of data driven problem solving methodologies.
As a key member of the paint operation the paint shop production leader has responsibility for preparation body areas, body finish areas or wax & repair areas, of the paint operations team. He is in permanent contact with internal supplier from BIW to assure quality receiving required and also with internal customer from T&F, OTA.
Key Performance Indicators
• Delivery of all relevant metrics within the SQDCPE framework.
• Key performance indicators will be judged against overall OPR, FTT, Uptime besides continuous improvement indicators in reference to Kaizen and lean principles as well as improving equipment overall efficiency and performance.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Leadership and development of a team of paint body preparation, body finish or wax&repair. Identify the training requirements and development needs of the paint application engineers and technical members.
• Safety metrics are achieved and all potential risks are identified and mitigated with strict process adherence. The appropriate corrective actions are implemented for any accidents in the allocated sectors. Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed.
• Internal quality metrics are continually improved and robust action plans are in place. Quality Assurance & Problem Solving in the allocated sectors. Work out and implement standard operating procedures for production operations.
• Manage the production programme by producing the cars in required key indicators SQDCPE. Work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals.
• Manage the TPM autonomous maintenance programme in Paint production line. Responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment.
• Manage human and material resources to meet production targets
• Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including procurement, distribution and management.
• Review worker performance. Budget and Cost champion in his area. Ensure that the production is cost effective.
• Provide motivation to all team members. Produce continuous improvement KAIZEN.
• Develop Group Leaders and production operators, educational/training plans for personnel including production instructions. Identify training needs.
• Achieve Environmental Scorecard targets.
• Manage of Production Control Plans (PCP). Monitor product standards and implement quality-control programs.
• Execute Business Excellence in Paint Shop.
• Material Paint Supply
• Paint Shop Services
• Paint tool cleaning & maintenance
• Liquid and Air filtration
• Seam sealer and Pre Treatment chemical supply
• Advantage Chemicals – CWS management
• Waste solvent management
• BIW / T&F / Supply chain / Quality / Project and Launch Team, Advanced Manuf. Engineering / Business Excellence
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• 3+ years of Proven leadership experience in paint technology or similar production line
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Coaching and feedback skills
• Good Presenting Skills
• Have the ability to visualise and explain the current status, issues and solutions at all levels from Director to shop floor associate
• Production Budget development and management
• Ability to drive necessary production improvements
• Self-starter with the confidence and ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to tackle complex issues in a high pressure environment
• Degree in manufacturing or chemical discipline is highly desirable
• The ability to create and maintain strong relationships with all areas and levels of manufacturing and across the business.
• Good knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• English language – communication skills
• Enthusiastic, with the motivation to achieve goals
• An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
• An individual with the ability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with longer term planning
• An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
• An individual who is able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
• A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas
• A effective team player, actively leads, develops and supports team members
• An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and sense of urgency whilst bringing others along