Senior Production Leader
Grade D, JLR Nitra
Salary: From 2199 eur monthly, 0-15% yearly bonus, other benefits according JLR rules
The role is responsible for leading all aspects in Trim and Final Operation (for one Production Zone), driving all scorecard metrics including SQDCPE.
Production leader organises and manages production area & team according to production plan and ensure that the objectives of quantity, quality, cost, efficiency are achieved.
This role reports directly to the Trim and Final Production Manager
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Managing, support and motivate your team to achieve deployed targets
• Safety metrics are achieved and all potential risks are identified and mitigated with strict process adherence.
• The appropriate corrective actions are implemented for any accidents.
• Internal quality (FTT & Audit system) metrics are continually improved and robust action plans are in place. Quality Assurance & Problem Solving.
• Assure that the objectives of safety, ergonomics, quality, cost and efficiency are achieved and improved
• Drive efficiencies in process to deliver Year on Year productivity and reduce Hours per Car.
• Continuous process improvements (RFT: right first time) using the Integrated Production System and Lean manufacturing principles such as Kaizen, Poke-Yoke, and 5S
• Cooperation on Engineering changes, Line trials, Process audits, PCPA Audits, TPM plans
• Supporting the introduction of new products & processes into the existing manufacturing area with correct documentations and delivered on time and of the highest quality to meet customer demands
• Develop, document and assure standardised work and stable production processes according to standard operating procedures.
• Developing team performance, safe working practices, 5S Standard
• Working with manpower planning to develop efficient assembly processes
• Adherence of Jaguar Land Rover standards and procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Completion of college diploma or university degree in: Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or similar; or equivalent college/university in a technical field
• Career experience as a manufacturing leader/manager. Conversant with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to tackle complex issues in a high pressure environment
• Proficient in managing risk assessments, people management, health & safety standards, strong communication skills, manufacturing planning
• Take initiative, customer oriented, engagement of team
• Demonstrable Experience in the application of a logical approach to Problem Solving
• Flexible, Self-Motivated & Confident Team Player with integrity and discipline. Responsibility and independency
• Slovak language Level C2
• Demonstrable knowledge of Legislative & Industry Standards (Automotive)
• Experience working in a similar manufacturing engineering automotive environment
• Confident negotiation with awareness of the business environment. Must be able to develop strong effective working relationships with key customers, supplier companies and adjacent departments
• Possess knowledge and proven skills in one of the following: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or Kaizen
• English language Level B1/B2
• An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
• An individual with the ability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with longer term planning
• An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
• An individual who is able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
• A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas
• A effective team player, actively leads, develops and supports team members
• An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and sense of urgency whilst bringing others along