REQ ID: 112533
JOB TITLE: Senior Reward Consultant
SALARY: £38,600 - £52,000
POSTING END DATE: 12/03/2023
Beyond Property, Purchasing, HR and IT, more than being part of our Finance or Marketing teams, beyond even Sales and Service, every role in every business area offers unique opportunities to make an impact on the future of mobility and the automotive industry.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This customer focused role sits in the HR Direct at Whitley and will primarily resolve customer enquiries specifically relating to reward matters and be responsible for the delivery of global and/or UK reward processes.
Working closely with the wider Reward team and business stakeholders the role will pro-actively keep the documentation up to date, implement reward changes and continuously seek improvements in order to be able to deliver effective and efficient reward support to the business. Where required the Senior Reward Consultant will support the wider reward team in delivery of projects.
The Senior Reward Consultant will be responsible for upskilling the Reward Consultants and supporting them and their workload when working on a project/process that the Senior Reward Consultant owns. The role will coordinate and deliver the company’s job evaluation, downgrade and stand in process, continually looking for improvements. It will lead on the legislative reporting requirements for example Gender Pay Reporting and National Minimum Wage Review in the UK and support any other legislative changes. The role will act as a reliable source for internal and external reward benchmarking data.
As part of the HR Direct Reward Team the role will also support colleagues with the resolution of complex reward queries and ensure that the annual cycle plan for Reward are adequately resourced, supported and executed. Taking the project lead to ensure smooth delivery of the compensation planning process and the General Increase process. Each Senior Reward Consultant will own part of the process but will be expected to support all of the process.
The Senior Reward Consultant will be expected to flex their workload to support the rest of the team and the other Senior Reward Consultant as appropriate and request support when required.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Support the operations at HR Direct for Reward and manage own performance delivery
- Lead on the delivery of the annual global cycle plan activities and co-ordinate the communications of the JLR global bonus scheme
- Deliver a HR customer service focused on the resolution of inquiries regarding HR policies, process and procedure
- Maintain and build effective relationships with the wider HR community and the business i.e. Shared Delivery HR, Business HR and customer base
- Operational management to ensure all transactional and administrative reward processes are executed accurately as per the service level agreements
- Work effectively as part of the HR Direct operational team
- Support the development, maintenance and deployment of policies under the HR Direct area
- Ensure JLR has appropriate access to market data and uses it in a consistent manner across UK and Europe, when providing market data analysis and establishing the Recruitment ranges
- Lead on headcount and salary data reporting and any ad hoc reports requested on elements of the JLR salary package
- Leading the job evaluation process for roles new to JLR or requiring regarding. Responsible for conducting the evaluation process for all LL5 and LL6 level roles
- Resolution of complex pay related employee and manager queries including recalculation of pay and incentives and instructing systems and payroll updates
- Support on Reward & Benefits global projects
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Previous experience of working in HR Customer Service role at a similar level
- Ability to deliver results consistently in a fast paced HR contact Centre
- Experience in Reward is essential and an understanding of Reward processes and principles is expected
- An advanced level of Excel knowledge
- Outstanding analytical understanding and expertise
- Ability to multi-task a high personal workload, balancing delivery of conceptual work with attention to detail and hand on delivery
- Experience of questioning and challenging the norm, and influencing based on sound research/data
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.