REQ ID: 105326
JOB TITLE: Senior Software Developer
LOCATION: Shannon, Ireland
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We’re already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We’re doing more than dream, we’re creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
WHAT TO EXPECT
In your role as a Software Security Engineer you’ll be responsible for the digital security of JLR vehicles.
The main purpose of this role is to support the delivery of integrated sub systems elements, which may be physical components, a set of related components or software into vehicle programmes. The individual will work with lead engineers to ensure that valid content is specified, manage specific elements of the supplier delivery against the specification and arrange verification activity to support the vehicle program which meets the programme requirements for quality, cost and time.
- Work as a technical leader for the delivery of the system or software being developed to meet the business requirements on time with appropriate quality and at the right cost
- A typical day for a software developer in JLR requires a mix of technical knowledge in C/C++, experience with Linux and Hardware, CI/CD activities and different integration activities with 3rd parties and proprietary solutions
- Contribute to the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes and Cycle Plan studies, using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) principles in conjunction with other company processes as required (SaFE)
- Contribute to the negotiation and agreement of targets for the modules and ensure all programme deliverables are tracked, monitored, delivered and reported accurately and on time at each gateway and organise and lead appropriate interim review events
- Work towards the Centre of Competence performance and facilitate or escalate cross module / cross Centre of Competence problem resolution on all programme aspects of content delivery, including virtual build, physical build and launch support
- Problem Solving; Issue resolution is a key skill and software is often the quickest but most complex to understand due to its lack of physical nature.
- It is critical that the role is capable of using extensive theory based problem solving as repeating defects is often very time consuming and difficult, so being able to develop a list of theoretical root causes and be able to eliminate these through analysis / test is fundamental.
- Assist in the management and development of external communications and status reporting, providing a coherent status for senior managers
- Support colleagues by interfacing between Product Strategy, Advanced Product Creation and Marketing to ensure the programme delivers the expected product actions in a robust manner
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- C version C99+/ C++ version 11+ industry development experience
- Technically capable of defining, developing, and maintaining full software
- Champion of technology excellence by coaching, mentoring, guiding, leading by example
- Knowledge of software structures / architectures / design patterns
- Knowledge of the software development process and industry tool sets
- Knowledge of how to define the system variability, error handling, scalability and robustness processes.
- Experience of planning, co-ordination, delivery incrementally working testable software and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes using Agile
- Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
- Committed team player to make the impact on the team and the company above the individual
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
- Knowledge of different agile frameworks (SAFe, SCRUM, Kanban and Lean)
- Previous experience within engineering or programme planning departments
- Knowledge of Embedded operating systems (Linux, QNX Neutrino, etc)
- Knowledge of automotive and consumer networks
- Fundamental knowledge of electronics hardware platforms
- Knowledge of hardware from silicon (processor, memory etc) up
- Knowledge of ASPICE, V-Model and regulated environments
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and private medical cover. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.