REQ ID: 118211
JOB TITLE: Senior Software Engineer
SALARY: 41,600 - 60,000
POSTING END DATE: 08/09/23
LOCATION: Manchester - Hybrid Working
JLR is harnessing technology to make driving smarter, safer and cleaner. You can help create a world in which responsible, sustainable vehicles revolutionise the driving experience for generations. Our vision is to leverage the incredible potential of technology to build vehicles that not only offer a premium, all-encompassing digital experience, but that also make our customers lives better.
JLR Manchester are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for engineering, and proven experience of full stack software development. This role will involve working on a variety of digital projects being delivered across the JLR enterprise. We are looking for great engineers who have a passion for innovative problem solving, quality-first coding and practicing Continuous Integration.
WHAT TO EXPECT
You will form part of a collaborative, iterative and agile process in a multi-disciplined team helping deliver best in class digital solutions. This role provides a unique opportunity to help support and grow an entirely new software development capability and new features within Jaguar Land Rover.
Reporting to the Principal Software Engineer and working closely with other multi-disciplined engineers, you will be a valued member of the Global Digital Development Centre team, consistently delivering to challenging business objectives, with a focus on testability, robustness, and performance for exciting new projects.
You will work on real projects alongside experienced engineers and will be expected to take on some mentoring and coaching of less experienced engineers in the lab.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Software design and code development to internal standards and practises
- Guide and lead the development of parts of the software system
- Contribute to CICD and DevOps practises.
- Coach and mentor junior developers
- Lead on Issue investigation and resolution
- Define and implement technical roadmaps for key areas of focus in the code base
- Lead / Implement code reviews where appropriate
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience with Java & Spring Boot
- Strong experience with AWS ideally including Infrastructure as code
- Experience with container frameworks, Docker / Kubernetes
- Background in developing bespoke built enterprise scale cloud-native applications
- Strong experience with asynchronous technologies such as MQ / MQTT / Kafka
- Experience in messaging technologies such as RabbitMQ / Kafka
- Experienced advocate for practices such as Test Driven Development
- Experience with greenfield / exploratory development
- Understanding of Microservices architectures and serverless deployments.
- Experience with source code management and version control (GitLab)
- Worked on modern CI/CD tools and techniques
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes JLR the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At JLR, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.