REQ ID: 108846
JOB TITLE: Senior Test Engineer
POSTING END DATE: 02/11/2022
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
Jaguar Land Rover has an opportunity for a high calibre and experienced Test Engineer to join our new Current Manufacturing Engineering team as a Lead Test Engineer at our Battery Assembly Centre. You will be a key part of the Test team, working closely with Product Development Engineers, Facility vendors, Operations, Maintenance, Quality and Suppliers to ensure that components and EBC21 traction battery meet world class quality and efficiency standards.
BAC Hams Hall is a JLR facility responsible for supplying the Solihull vehicle plant the EBC21 Traction Battery Pack powering the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport Plug in Hybrid vehicles.
Within the plant there are a number of production lines that utilise the latest technology to manufacture and assemble our EBC21 battery packs. The lines are as follows; Module, Frame, Coating, Pack.
• You will utilise your knowledge to develop and implement test processes and facilities to deliver the BAC safety, quality, delivery and cost objectives. These facilities include all end of line test types for Electrification propulsion systems:
Battery pack charge / discharge
Battery Management system interfaces
• Support development and implementation of ‘best-in-class’ test process strategy for Electrification Manufacturing.
• The overall responsibility of this role is to work in a team of engineers to plan and implement new and major changes to test facilities, with particular emphasis on the following:
o Development of test procedures in close collaboration with engineering
o Support any mapping exercises.
o Support test rigging specifications, processes and facilities.
o Planning, developing and implementation of test processes and facilities.
o Provide feasibility statements for Product Development designs to suit manufacturing build requirements.
o Ensure robust process planning including build simulations and FMEA’s
o Support of physical builds at workshop, pilot build and Manufacturing Plant locations, raising and managing issues where appropriate.
• Prepare, issue and evaluate supplier “Request for Quotations”
• Test process & equipment verification at suppliers and at home manufacturing facility.
• Lead a test engineer in the achievement of all cost, timing, throughput and quality targets for the facility.
o Ensure adherence to company and departmental operating processes and policies including Change management and engineering release
o Manage technical issues and escalate where appropriate
o Achieve Equipment Capability targets of all new & modified facilities, including OPR, MTTR, MTBF, cycle time
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
• Testing experience in the product design test arena and manufacturing processes will be of particular use – including experience in the management of test cells and test rigs associated with Electrified Manufacturing.
• Good Knowledge, experience and understanding of testing protocols with an ability to analyse and interpret data output from test facilities.
• Good IT skills and awareness of Process Authoring Tool (GSPAS), simulation and virtual toolsets i.e. Digital-buck, Process Simulate and CATIA V5 and Byteworx’s.
• Good knowledge of MS Office Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Project).
• Candidates should be self-motivated with sound leadership and communication skills, ideally with experience and understanding of in process testing, end of line testing and audit requirements.
• Ability to work within cross-functional teams and flexibility to support improvement projects at the BAC and any of the Jaguar Land Rover sites.
• The ability to lead, and to work as part of a team is essential, as is the ability to achieve results by meeting deliverables / commitments.
• Will have an understanding of Facility Procurement and H&S procedures
• Previous experience of facility installation, capability validation and commissioning
• A good understanding of engineering including the ability to review engineering drawings.
• Ideally, educated to Degree level in Manufacturing Systems or a similar engineering discipline. Candidates with HNC / HND and the relevant experience will be considered.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.