Live the Exceptional With Soul. This is the singular purpose of Jaguar Land Rover.
At the core of these experiences are the products themselves. The Jaguar and Land Rover brands have undergone a dramatic transformation over the past years.
Jaguar Land Rover’s Global Digital Development group works with internal engineering groups, external vendors, and the open-source community to identify and integrate emerging technologies into future vehicle product lines. Every day we work to close the gap between fast paced, highly available cloud services and the multifaceted challenges of a rolling embedded platform. We work closely with embedded systems tools, silicon-to-pixel CI/CD toolchains, and higher-level languages to craft and build initial versions of production software that can be scaled out to other offices and external vendors for completion.
We are seeking a talented Senior UX Designer to join our team. This person should possess exceptional design skills, be comfortable approaching design thinking both systemically and granularly, as well as a strong working knowledge of both human-centered design principles and modern design standards. Our ideal candidate will help determine how our products and experiences should work, how we bring the most value to our customers, and how evolving requirements impact the daily experiences with our products. We believe the world of web services and data-driven applications can advise how embedded systems need to evolve. We are working to integrate our customers’ vehicles into their current ecosystem of modern portable devices.
Our UX team is based in Portland, Oregon.
What you will be doing:
- Create intuitive user experiences within an iterative process—across a variety of modalities and use cases—for automotive products, both in and out of the vehicle Prepare and present these user experiences, concepts and strategies to stakeholders in order to champion the best possible user experience
- Help define and promote standard design principles and ways of working at the local and global level Collaborate with multidisciplinary and cross-geographical teams of researchers, designers, engineers, product owners, and others to develop user experiences, concepts, and digital product strategies Support and contribute to the definition of product requirements with clear business and marketing impact to align with larger business strategies Contribute to multiple products and teams
- Other duties as assigned
What you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in user experience 3+ years of experience with a strong portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of user experience, product, or interaction design across multiple touchpoints within the digital product experience
- Experience with visual design systems in an iterative product design process
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team of UX researchers
- Excellent collaboration, observational, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills alongside the desire and ability to see things from multiple perspectives
- You must be resourceful, conscientious, and self-motivated
- You must be capable of building and maintaining strong relationships while advocating for meaningful improvements to our customer experiences
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies that deliver into software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with UX research methodologies
- Experience working in the automotive industry
Location: Portland, Oregon
So Why Us?
- As a people-first company, working at JLR means opportunity, teamwork, and growth. That’s why working here is so much more than a job.
- Be part of an international, inclusive, and open-minded company
- You are never just a number. We take pride in taking care of our employees doing everything we can to make sure that our teammates thrive both in and out of the office.
- Our employees receive a generous time off policy
- We offer a discounted Vehicle Car Program
- Employees also receive generous health care and retirement plans
- Quarterly Chair Massages
- Paternity Leave
- Complimentary lunch
- And more!
Offers of employment are conditional upon the results of a background investigation. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories and review results on an individual basis.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.