REQ ID: 105022
JOB TITLE: Software Security Developer
LOCATION: Shannon, Ireland
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We’re already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We’re doing more than dream, we’re creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
WHAT TO EXPECT
In your role as a Cyber Security Engineer you’ll be responsible for the digital security of JLR vehicles. You’ll contribute to the development of robust security solutions for real world deployment. As a member of an agile development squad, you will be part of a cross functional team working to develop secure, reusable software.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities;
- Specify and maintain our APIs (Application Programming Interface) from Security point of view (authentication mechanisms, risks and mitigations, protocol definition and so on.;
- Delivering tasks from the squad’s backlog as agreed during planning;
- Bug fix of our current products;
- Work on software implementation and support others in their tasks where required;
- Undertake any other work as directed by line manager (chapter lead) in connection with their job;
- Reviewing, organising and documenting software information.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
The successful applicant should be highly effective across the following criteria:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in electrical engineering, computer science or similar field;
- Experience with C/C++ in an embedded environment;
- Experience with APIs (speficification, implementation and maintenance) – e.g. XML, JSON, SOAP/Rest and etc;
- Ability to produce timely, logical and concise work products;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Security background (e.g cryptography, key management, firewall, software integrity, etc.);
- Experience embedded devices or related fields;
- Experience with secure embedded architecture design and its external connections with servers and devices;
- Ability to learn new technologies or concepts quickly to adapt and adjust to the changing cyber threat landscape;
- Capable of executing security certification test/demonstrations/evaluations, documenting results, developing reports, conclusions, and recommendations CISSP, CISA, CISM, or similar certification;
- Experience with network protocols analysis;
- Experience with embedded systems analysis;
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and private medical cover. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.