REQ ID: 111311
JOB TITLE: STA Engineer
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
You’ll be joining a team of engineers who work on the parts and processes within our global supplier manufacturing locations both in new model and current car programs. You will work closely with our Product Engineering and Purchasing functions, as well as our supplier partners, to ensure that procured parts meet and exceed the standards we require for our premium vehicles.
- Ensure that we have clearly aligned standards with our suppliers, and then work to ensure that they meet these requirements. This will be achieved by ensuring robust product and process controls are in place at their manufacturing facilities, so that our parts are delivered on time, to quality and volume targets, and consistently in line with our APQP / PPAP requirements.
- Support escalations from the Jaguar Land Rover Plant teams relating to quality or delivery performance issues impacting our ability to meet Customer First targets. A structured diagnosis and practical problem-solving approach will be required to understand root cause(s) and drive implementation of countermeasures for specific issues escalated from the plant teams. Management of these high-risk suppliers will be through the JLR escalation process.
- The role will require the ability to manage running change timely introduction within suppliers and validation of these changes to ensure delivery of the engineering standard and volume requirements for the customer receiving plant(s), reporting and/or escalating status as required.
- Continues supplier improvement through JLRQ framework with manufacturing site and performance assessments.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Previous experience in a manufacturing, engineering or quality assurance in automotive industry
- Experience of industrialization, parts quality, maturation, and approval activities, practical experience of applying APQP / PPAP processes
- Previous experience and practical deployment of lean tools
- Proven background in problem solving with ability to break down complex, multidimensional problems or process issues and drive improvement within a cross functional team, in a timely manner
- Change management skills
- Broad experience of managing external stakeholder and supplier relationship management
- Excellent communication skills both formal and informal, with the ability to converse at all levels of the JLR organisation and at all levels with external suppliers
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Flexibility for traveling
- Experience working in a high paced manufacturing operations environment
- Project management experience in supply chain
SO WHY US?
- Join us for the next level of your career and help developing solutions that shape the future of cars
- Be part of an international, inclusive and open-minded team where you have actual influence on the processes
- See the product you’re working on come to life from testing all the way to production
- Work flexibly with high percentage of home office or from our award-winning office
- We honor your work with a competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Benefit from our health and life insurance and cafeteria package
- Embrace our culture through various company programs such as charity events or our regular board game club