REQ ID: 111334
JOB TITLE: Suspension Control Hardware Delivery Engineer
POSTING END DATE: 28/02/2023
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As a Suspension Control Hardware Delivery Engineer, you will be responsible for the delivery of the hardware component controlling the suspension system (pump and valve block, as well as associated fixing, electrical fly lead and brackets) used on the latest SV vehicles. You will own the delivery of the electrical components and lead any problem resolution activated related to Suspension Control Hardware.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Deliver the Suspension Control hardware to quality, cost and time.
- Own the delivery of the electrical components parts of the Suspension control hardware, and deliver electrical DT on time for the relevant gateways
- Own and deliver the Hardware Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables
- Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
- Support build and manufacturing team throughout the program
- Lead and own any problem resolution activities related to the Suspension Control hardware for your attributed program
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Jaguar Land Rover are looking for an individual who has experience in delivery of projects and components throughout the V model, whilst managing cost, keeping to deadlines and working with suppliers.
- Experience of delivering complex mechatronic commodities
- Experience of systems development and delivery through all stages of the engineering development ‘V’ cycle, including understanding of system principals
- Ability to negotiate technical solutions within a multi-disciplinary team and will have the ability to manage conflict and balance opposing programme demands.
- Good verbal and written communications
- Knowledge of vehicle suspension systems and driving dynamics principles
- Understanding of control system development tools such as dSPACE, DOORS, RTC
- Experience of safety critical systems and software, including standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508 or similar
- Understanding of automotive networking, diagnostics and fault handling techniques, and related system development tools (CANalyzer, ASL, CANape, etc.)
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career working with a world-class team in state-of-the-art facilities. We offer acompetetive salary and performance related bonus scheme. As a manager, you’ll also be able to select one of our luxury premium vehicles to lease at a fraction of the cost. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.