SVO STA Programme Engineer
Grade D, local Nitra
Salary: From 2500 eur monthly, 0-15% yearly bonus, other benefits according JLR rules
Contract: temporary - project for 12 months
The purpose of the role is to effectively communicate the status of the capacity and quality performance of all new product suppliers to Special Operations and performs an important role within the Special Vehicles and Vehicle Personalisation Purchasing and Programmes Departments.
To support the planning, monitoring and controlling of supplier programme readiness throughout the Jaguar Land Rover Product Creation and Delivery Process. This role has key inputs to Sourcing, APQP Planning and status review, High Impact selection, Programme Builds and Assembly Plant Launch support. To act as primary interface with Site STA providing the link between Purchasing, Programmes and suppliers.
The role should support the STA vision of driving manufacturing excellence into the supply base JLR components and will require a mixture of tactical and strategic purchasing activities.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Create Master Program Tracker
• Coordinate STA Sourcing support.
• Priority Part Selection - Lead Priority supplier identification and communication process
• Establish PPAP level for High impact parts.
• Coordinate Supplier quality and delivery readiness metrics including APQP.
• Receive and Review APQP and Corrective action plans.
• Participate in PST, PMST, Cross Functional and Programme Strategy meetings as required.
• Create and maintain sufficiency plans (WCPA / FTT)
• Complete weekly status reports for LMM, APQP, Phased-PPAP PSW readiness & risk Assessment of Non PSW into Launch Phases
• Support build, driving resolution of supplier responsible issues via eACT, IQM & AIMS2
• Request STA support at supplier site for Launch issues
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• A passion for quality and attention to detail, with an analytical mindset
• Experience within a Vehicle Engineering/Quality function and familiar with the Global Product Development System
• Knowledge and experience of APQP/PPAP/PSW
• Able to facilitate resolution of complex cross-functional issues.
• Sound knowledge of problem-solving tools and techniques
• Good leadership/negotiation/communication & interpersonal skills
• Able to operate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
• Self-motivated & able to work on their own initiative.
• Computer literate
• No restrictions for European travel
• Full driving license (essential)
• Engineering background.
• Qualified to degree level within an engineering or business discipline.
• Experience of working with overseas suppliers
• Lean / Six Sigma Certification
• An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
• An individual with the ability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with longer term planning
• An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
• An individual who is able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
• A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas
• A effective team player, actively leads, develops and supports team members
• An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and sense of urgency whilst bringing others along