REQ ID: 113152
JOB TITLE: System Integration Lead Engineer - Platform Services Integration
POSTING END DATE: 28/03/2023
We’re re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As a part of Platform System Integration team, you will be you will be working within an established Agile team on supporting test asset and validation planning, software release planning, and architecture integration for complex systems.
The main activity for this role is to lead Integration compatibility reviews with stakeholders to understand dependency and test plans across the vehicle architecture, including Networks, Diagnostics, Vehicle Life Cycle, Power Management and Car Configuration.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders to lead Integration compatibility reviews to understand dependency and test plans across the vehicle architecture
- Platform service alignment and test validation of pre-perceived maturity level
- Adopt new tools set and progressive ways of working.
- Develop and maintain integration plans and schedules for integration vehicle pack releases
- Complete testing and validation of specific vehicle software prior to release and authoring of engineering documentation and workshop instructions
- Lead labcar (test rig) development & validation to enable prototype build start
- Provide technical support to prototype production and assembly teams during the integration process
- Diagnosing software/hardware/data interface problems and ensuring system integration
- Support of complex issue management and triage
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Understanding of Electrical Architecture, including key platform services – Networks, Vehicle/feature configuration, SecOC, Diagnostics, vehicle life cycle and power architecture.
- Knowledge of Test methods and automation for software testing
- Planning and conducting software, performing analysis of test results, and tracking/reporting risk levels during test execution
- Understanding of software development and releasing processes.
- Knowledge of Vector toolset
- Problem-solving skills, with a methodical approach to solving issues in a technical setting.
- The capacity to verify, create, and go through engineering documents.
- Computer literate, including the ability to use Microsoft Office to create documents for Single Point Lessons (SPL), processes, and plans.
- Experience in Rig testing / Test case and Requirements management.
- Experience use of diagnostic & network integration tools
- Experience of working in an Agile / framework environment.
- Experience of running or developing the JLR Feature Delivery Process.
- Experience of working to structure, analyse/ interpret data.
- IT literacy and desire to continue to learn new data tools and skills
- Clean full driving license
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.