REQ ID: 102941
JOB TITLE: Test Engineer - Structural Test Facility
POSTING END DATE: 28/02/2023
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This role is to support the shift operation of the new Structural Battery Test facility and be involved in its commissioning. The new facility is currently being built from ground up with state-of-the-art abuse and structural test facilities, combined with battery exercising capability. There is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team who run the facility, also you will be expected to support the installation and commissioning of the facilities alongside our Technology Development team prior to the facility launch date. In this role you will support the lead engineer to ensure that physical testing is completed on time, to quality, with the necessary escalation and reporting responsibilities.
This facility will complement a suite of world-class, cutting-edge testing facilities and will play an integral part in physical Verification & Validation (V&V), directly influencing the delivery of the world’s most desirable vehicles such as Range Rover and Defender.
Attention to detail is key to this role and an understanding of battery-based structural rig testing, along with data analysis/interpretation, would be advantageous. Support will be provided with training and development to bring your knowledge to the desired level to perform the role successfully.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Directly support Lead Engineer in preparing test specimens, carrying out testing, de-prep after test and report out of results.
- Ongoing development of test methods and facility capability
- Support resolution of issues and the reporting of relevant information and findings
- Able to collate, manipulate and interpret data supporting its use for informed engineering decisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of Structural and/or Battery Testing
- Collaborative approach to team-based working in a customer focussed environment
- An independent individual with the ability to self-organise and prioritise workload.
- A good communicator who can effectively communicate complex ideas.
- A team player who supports other team members.
- Highly motivated to work on new initiatives and to support with the creation/development of new standards and processes.
- An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special. They are driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
- Background in structural/electrical engineering, mechatronics or a related engineering profession.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.