REQ ID: 112176
JOB TITLE: Vehicle Technician
POSTING END DATE: 31 March 2023
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
Jaguar Land Rover are looking for experienced, enthusiastic Level 3 NVQ Vehicle Technicians with a thirst for knowledge, who want to play an active part, as we reimagine what a vehicle means in the emerging world of autonomous vehicles, electrification and sustainability. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business.
As a Vehicle Technician, you’ll join our fast-growing team, across the whole of the product engineering and testing domain, working with innovative technologies within state-of-the-art facilities at our Whitley and Gaydon sites. We have invested heavily to ensure our facilities and equipment are world class and we need the best skilled colleagues to maximise our investment.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As part of the Build and Test Operations or Powertrain Build and Test Operations function, you can look forward to working on innovative, future technologies involving the following:
- Prototype build of vehicles, rigs, batteries and electric drive units
- Commissioning and running of test rigs from component to full vehicle
- Precise refinement of vehicles through our product development vehicle facilities
- Electrical and electronic tasks from the latest propulsion systems to cutting edge instrumentation
- Diagnosis and fault finding, adding value at every stage
- Mechanical and electrical tasks
We are heavily invested in our colleagues, and we offer the opportunity for you to increase and broaden your skills in electrification and core automotive skills. You’ll be given the opportunity to take your career as a skilled Vehicle Technician as far as you want within Jaguar Land Rover.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Level 3 NVQ/City & Guilds qualified within an automotive field
- Experience with automotive systems and associated safety standards
- You’re collaborative by nature, working with peers towards delivering a common goal
- You’re comfortable working with minimum supervision
- You may be working on multiple projects, so an agile approach is beneficial
#Li, #instrumentation, #calibration #mechanic, #electrician, #technician, #autoelec, #fabrication, #fitter, #mastertech #assembly, #inspection, #tooling, #fixtures, #CMM, #technician #Build #Testing #assembly #Inspector #fabricator #machinist #Automotive #measurement #Chassis #powertrain, #EDU #Electrification #Electric #Prototype #Operator #Build Engineering #Operations #Maintenance #Facilities #Battery #Engine #Automation #Diagnostics #Service #Installation #Setup #Preparation
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family and membership of a competitive pension plan. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible. Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.