BUCS are looking to recognise and share the successes of workforce volunteers within Women’s Higher Education Football and Futsal.
In 2018, 8 students and alumni were successful in becoming our HE Heroes. To see the profiles from last year, please click here.
If you know someone that you’d like to nominate for this award, please view the Nomination Criteria before completing the Nomination Form.
What do we aim to achieve?
• Raise the profile of the women’s football workforce through sharing engaging stories and experiences.
• Recognise the student workforce volunteers who make an outstanding contribution within their institution.
• Work with external partners and institutions to support in promoting workforce profiles.
Who are we looking for?
• Do you know someone who is passionate and committed to the growth of Women’s Football?
• Have they made a positive impact on Women’s Football at your institution?
• Have they gone above and beyond their role and exceeded expectation?
• Do they act as a positive role model to their peers and the people they work with?
• Have they made a significant or exceptional contribution to women’s football within, or external to, their institution?
NB. Please note, this is for men or women working in the Women’s or Girls’ game.Criteria
• Demonstrates outstanding achievement, commitment and dedication to their role, project, programme or institution.
• Shows commitment and motivation to develop the women’s game.
• Proactive and regularly engaged in activities and events which promote and develop women’s football.
• Promote best practice in their role, project or programme.
• Have gone above and beyond expectations in performing their role.
• Demonstrate outstanding conduct and professionalism.
• Promoted inclusion by integrating BAME/LGBT communities into their projects.
• Has created positive relationships both internally and in the external community to broaden the network.
How will we reward successful nominees?
• Each successful HE Hero will be interviewed and profiled to raise awareness of their outstanding work in the women’s and girls’ game. This may include video content.
• All HE Heroes will receive a certificate recognising their work, with potential of winning an individual award for exceptional individuals.
• Two tickets to the SSE Women’s FA Cup Final on Saturday 4 May 2019.
Deadline for Submission: Please send completed nomination forms to Nicki Russell by 12pm on Friday 15 March 2019.